Nasri Transfer Listed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besiktas just signed attacking midfielder Talisca on loan from Benfica, so I'm not sure if that would affect any Nasri deal. Hopefully not as I don't see a whole lot of teams queuing up for Nasri

If this report is true, Besiktas want us to pay more than half his wages in any loan deal?

Besiktas continue talks for Samir Nasri

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2016/besiktas-continue-talks-for-samir-nasri/

Turkish giants Besiktas continue to negotiate the possible arrival of former French international and Manchester City attacker Samir Nasri, despite the recent signing of Talisca from Benfica, according to L’Équipe.

The player remains open to the loan with an option to buy proposition which has been formulated by Besiktas and accepted in principle by Manchester City.

The issue now surrounds the salary sharing agreement, with the Turkish side wanting the Citizens to reportedly pay up to more than half of the player’s wages whilst Nasri is on loan with them.

Samir Nasri has made it clear that he has not intention of accepting a lower wage to make the deal happen.

Talks continue between the two clubs, Besiktas are not giving up.

It's irritating when this happens, but I always remind myself that - in the same situation - I probably wouldn't take a huge pay cut either.
Hoping we come to some arrangement. Nasri has bags of talent, but absolutely zero drive to utilise it. Reminds me of Adebayor in many ways.

Just posted in twitter thread...rumours are Nasri to Besiktas is done. 1 year loan deal. We pay 40% of wages! Couldnt find confirmation of any loan fee agreed.

40% of his wages seems really high so hoping these rumours are wrong but atleast it gets one of the books, if true!

Last edited:
It's irritating when this happens, but I always remind myself that - in the same situation - I probably wouldn't take a huge pay cut either.
Hoping we come to some arrangement. Nasri has bags of talent, but absolutely zero drive to utilise it. Reminds me of Adebayor in many ways.

It comes down to money v's football. I wouldn't give up money lightly but if i had as much as him and my career was going as badly as his there is no way id be going to Turkey. i'd be pushing to go to one of the big leagues and a champs league team and taking a wage cut. All on the basis that i could get back to top level football and get anorther decent contract somewhere. Nasri has decided that city money is the best he can get and football doesn't matter. no surprise there is no que to sign him!

If this report is true, Besiktas want us to pay more than half his wages in any loan deal?

Besiktas continue talks for Samir Nasri

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2016/besiktas-continue-talks-for-samir-nasri/

Turkish giants Besiktas continue to negotiate the possible arrival of former French international and Manchester City attacker Samir Nasri, despite the recent signing of Talisca from Benfica, according to L’Équipe.

The player remains open to the loan with an option to buy proposition which has been formulated by Besiktas and accepted in principle by Manchester City.

The issue now surrounds the salary sharing agreement, with the Turkish side wanting the Citizens to reportedly pay up to more than half of the player’s wages whilst Nasri is on loan with them.

Samir Nasri has made it clear that he has not intention of accepting a lower wage to make the deal happen.

Talks continue between the two clubs, Besiktas are not giving up.

C*nt would rather see his career go down the toilet than take a pay cut - that says it all !!!

It comes down to money v's football. I wouldn't give up money lightly but if i had as much as him and my career was going as badly as his there is no way id be going to Turkey. i'd be pushing to go to one of the big leagues and a champs league team and taking a wage cut. All on the basis that i could get back to top level football and get anorther decent contract somewhere. Nasri has decided that city money is the best he can get and football doesn't matter. no surprise there is no que to sign him!
Thing is with nasri is he hasn't much to strive for. He has zero chance of getting back in the French squad and isn't likely to find himself at another club challenging for top honours that he's going to get regular playing time. So he wants what was promised money wise from this contract like I guess a lot in his position would. Unless he fancies China I'm sure he knows his next contract won't be even close to what he is on now unfortunately for city it looks like another case of subsidise with a loan or a cheap sale

Thing is with nasri is he hasn't much to strive for. He has zero chance of getting back in the French squad and isn't likely to find himself at another club challenging for top honours that he's going to get regular playing time. So he wants what was promised money wise from this contract like I guess a lot in his position would. Unless he fancies China I'm sure he knows his next contract won't be even close to what he is on now unfortunately for city it looks like another case of subsidise with a loan or a cheap sale
Agreed but I think he has his eye on playing in the US seeing the amount of time he holidays there. One season loan then off to the MLS in my opinion. Shame he couldn't return this pre-season fitter than ever as he must have known Pep does not tolerate out of condition professionals.

Don't understand some of the criticism and the levels of hate on here for him, or for any city player to be honest - Kolarov, Willy, Zaba, there have been a few described as past it this summer, only here for the pay day etc - I'd like to think we can treat our own better than that, and he's hardly Danny bloody Mills is he? . Sami has contributed to some of the best years of success at this club, and some of the best football - his interplay with Yaya and Silva at times has had our opponents chasing shadows all game. It's easy to question his application and attitude when we don't see the full story, but to call him some of the things I've seen in this thread is not on. His wages are what they are - we as a club were in a position where we needed to attract players a cut above our own reputation at the time, and cash was the way to do it. That has repercussions now, but we've moved on to the next stage and will likely see players falling over themselves to come to play for Pep now, arguably already we are with Brazilian Jesus, Gundogan (who wasn't leaving Germany easily) and Nolito allegedly choosing us over Barca - likely on big wages too but hopefully we've learnt a little and structured it better.

Plus, I also appreciate that Sami is keeping his cool despite the media speculation and whatever Pep has said to him, he's got a reputation of being outspoken so for him to keep his silence speaks of a respect for the club and his colleagues. Whilst I think he could do a job in a Pep team, he's maybe not dynamic enough to play on the outside in hi preferred positions, and a loan gives him a chance to show what he can do, raise fitness, and even puts him in the shop window for us whilst avoiding having an unhappy player around the club for a season - his contract runs to 2019 so it is not impossible that he comes back here either and play a part next season, unlikely yes, very, but he's a City player and as such I'd expect the club, and hopefully fellow fans too, to show him a level of courtesy and respect as a City player. Sure the terms of the loan seem off but we do get something out of it too, and at the end of the day we can only get what is being offered, I don't see many other options (which frankly I am a little surprised about).

Maybe he wants to stay here under Pep and grow as a player even if he's not first or second choice, maybe he is settled in Manchester and doesn't really want to move on anyway, maybe he had visions of moving to New York or Melbourne in 2019, but whatever happens he gets my thanks for contributing over the past few years so cheers Sami.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.