National League North Thread 2017/18

Often wonder how the old Salford fans must feel.When I went pre takeover there were maybe a 100 Salford fans who made a lot of noise with Amber shirts and banners.
Must be a bit shit playing in red now but thats the price of progress.

Although I dislike the owners at least they have put money in unlike the turds at FCSUM and united.Just a shame about the colours but marketing wise a way of getting united fans through the gate.
Don't have the same affinity now, strange how I used to enjoy the struggles of the old days when you knew half the people there,now if I go to a home game I get them looks offf the newbies like I'm a glory hunter:)

Good win for Curzon last night, 1-0 victory against Telford. Decent start for the Nash, with the small budget they have, with 7 points from 4 games. The fact Salford let Steve Howson go because he wouldn't go full time is criminal, quality centre half at this level.

I honestly don't have an issue with Salford City regardless of who's behind it. Wealthy people putting money into a local football club in order for it to grow is hardly a new concept (and it's not really like us City fans can complain about such an approach), and at least they've been around for decades. Unlike FC SCUM who try and claim to be something they're not, and had the huge advantage of a ready made support base of thousands when they embarked on their holier than thou vanity project, yet despite that advantage it looks like they're going down the shitter.

The National League North was great to keep an eye on last year & hoping for the same again this year. The fight for the play off's was very close last season

Curzon - Did some coaching for there U15's/U16's around 2008 so got a real soft pot for them, probably my non league team. Were so close to the 3rd round of The FA Cup last year, blew a 3 goal lead to AFC Wimbledon with 10 minutes to go, the money that would have given them would have been a real boost.

Chorley - I do a show on a radio station up there (yes trust me all jokes have been heard) & they do the commentaries so keep a close eye on them. So close to promotion last year, beaten 2-1 in Extra Time in the Play Off Final by Halifax at Halifax's ground. Have interviewed Matt Jansen & the GK Sam (forget his his surname), both really nice guy's

Stockport - Live there, friends & family are fans. Normally i wouldn't want them to do well but no a couple of people involved in the club & they have been through some shit, would be good for the town in they got back up a level or 2

You add in Salford, FC United (Played 3 lost 3 so far, ha ha!) & there is always something interesting going on

The National League North was great to keep an eye on last year & hoping for the same again this year. The fight for the play off's was very close last season

Curzon - Did some coaching for there U15's/U16's around 2008 so got a real soft pot for them, probably my non league team. Were so close to the 3rd round of The FA Cup last year, blew a 3 goal lead to AFC Wimbledon with 10 minutes to go, the money that would have given them would have been a real boost.
That money hasn't been spent yet, interestingly enough. Some additional fundraising on various events has got the money, along with the FA Cup TV money, for a new astro-turf - although that will be built next summer now. Unlike other clubs at this level, Curzon literally survive from their youth set-up and the money the astro-turf raises with the various leagues that are based from the Tameside Stadium.

A lot of really good youth coming through at the moment, as well.

A couple of years ago, the FA for some reason, put Lowestoft (Suffolk) in The Conference North.

I live in Norfolk and began watching them on a regular basis and met some cracking football fans - passionate Telford lads, a few from County who I remain in contact with, some Harrogate fans and also some Chorley fans who call themselves "The Sunshine Crew".

Lowestoft formed a bit of an affinity with Chorley and a few of us travelled to Boston to watch their second leg of the play off semi final and that match had everything - Chorley going 2-0 down only to rescue the match with a 94th minute goal (sounds familiar!!) but it was an overhead kick and the Chorley fans erupted......I'm pleasantly surprised with the passion at non league level and I follow The Conference North with great interest.

My hometown team,Chorley,were smashed last night 4-1 at Harrogate,looks like a tough season this time around for the magpies,but still above you know who

That money hasn't been spent yet, interestingly enough. Some additional fundraising on various events has got the money, along with the FA Cup TV money, for a new astro-turf - although that will be built next summer now. Unlike other clubs at this level, Curzon literally survive from their youth set-up and the money the astro-turf raises with the various leagues that are based from the Tameside Stadium.

A lot of really good youth coming through at the moment, as well.

Was on that pitch last night - My Daughter plays for the girls team. Really good set up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.