Need another world class defender......

Too many injuries to our first choice back four. Do we stick with Kompany and Zabaleta even though they keep missing so many matches ? I am not sure whether the best years are behind Zabaleta now. We need younger faster full backs.

Very true on both counts.

I wish we could see these sort of players when they are a £7 mill snip.
But we'd need to play them when they're a £7m snip, not leave them to stagnate and become a £5m loss. I don't think for one minute that Pellegrini will ever opt to develop an unproven youngster over selecting someone more experienced. We'd just end up signing him cheaply, loaning him out, get him craving first team football, then lose him because we don't give him the opportunity. Same will happen with Denayer.

But we'd need to play them when they're a £7m snip, not leave them to stagnate and become a £5m loss. I don't think for one minute that Pellegrini will ever opt to develop an unproven youngster over selecting someone more experienced. We'd just end up signing him cheaply, loaning him out, get him craving first team football, then lose him because we don't give him the opportunity. Same will happen with Denayer.

Yea, you are right. I just hate us paying the Dippers 40 mill plus for a player we could have gone for at a fraction of the value. Or paying whatever for Savic, nasty and now Mangala when Stones was there for 7 mill. Especially when we are paying these prices anyway for young players who e d up going somewhere else.

Den should be here and Demi out. Lopes and not Nasri. There's no point in an Academy if we wont give them a chance. You are so right about Deny.

Yea, you are right. I just hate us paying the Dippers 40 mill plus for a player we could have gone for at a fraction of the value. Or paying whatever for Savic, nasty and now Mangala when Stones was there for 7 mill. Especially when we are paying these prices anyway for young players who e d up going somewhere else.

Den should be here and Demi out. Lopes and not Nasri. There's no point in an Academy if we wont give them a chance. You are so right about Deny.

We've just got to trust in the club. The coaching staff and Pellers see these players nearly every day, and must surely get performance updates about any players out on loan. If they were deemed good enough to be first team regulars I'm pretty sure that's what they'd be. Even though to many of us Mangala can look shit sometimes, Pellers must believe he's better than Denayer, from watching both players or at least having professional coaching advice. If we brought Denayer or any youngster into the team and they were crap, it could ruin their whole career. We just have to trust that the club will know when somebody is ready.

Yesterday's game showed again lack of world class defender. Again the defence and demis was all over again. Thanks to good effort by ota we got away with it... but the defence is a big worry for me for as x-mas coming up with thight match programme....

What's the latest status on vinny's sitauation ??

In January we have to do some kind of businees in the defence, either short or long term....

Stones is the defender we should go for - this guy is going to be one of the best CB's in the world in my opinion. But for some reasoning think he will end up at Chelsea or United. We definitely need a CB and a striker in jan.

Can't wait until Denayer comes back. Only seen pre-season games and CL highlights but his passing from the back is beautiful.
Hope the injury isn't too serious, anyone got any news?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.