Nets on the goals at Etihad Stadium

Esteban de la Sexface

I think it would look a lot better if we had white goal netting at the ground. I seem to remember white and blue ones from a couple of years back and they looked class. When did we change to dark netting. It seems to have been there for a couple of seasons. Nothing wrong with it, I just think the white/light colouring looks better.

quiet day? lol

can't say I've ever noticed the colour of the nets

I'm actually flat to the butt at work!

I noticed it recently and couldn't help but think how much better it'd look with white nets. Never much liked dark ones, it doesn't look the same when a screamer flies in the top corner and it reminds me of some shit teams nets in some shit league.

I think they changed to the black ones in 2008-09 I also prefer the white ones or light blue ones but it doesn't really matter that much just a detail really

They were changed when we hosted the Europa League Final a few years back (on UEFA's instructions). The reason being was that the advertising were easier viewed by the TV cameras instead of looking through white netting. The big screens were installed around the same time too (again, on UEFA's instructions). I remember being told this around that time when I done the stadium tour.

If you look back on games from other seasons, we seem to have had black nets for four or five years, and before that white ones. Never blue and white.

That said this has been posted on numerous occasions before already, one of the more mundane threads I have always found-as long as the ball goes in the net I couldn't care less if they were bright pink.
Esteban de la Sexface said:
I think it would look a lot better if we had white goal netting at the ground. I seem to remember white and blue ones from a couple of years back and they looked class. When did we change to dark netting. It seems to have been there for a couple of seasons. Nothing wrong with it, I just think the white/light colouring looks better.

Roger Ringpiece said:
If you look back on games from other seasons, we seem to have had black nets for four or five years, and before that white ones. Never blue and white.

That said this has been posted on numerous occasions before already, one of the more mundane threads I have always found-as long as the ball goes in the net I couldn't care less if they were bright pink.
Esteban de la Sexface said:

when was already? Don't think I've been around since already

I think it is to do with the view for people on the rows closer to the pitch behind the goals so that they don't get a slightly restricted view. I'm about 5 rows from the pitch and from the angle we sit, more often than not it does take for the rest of the stadium to erupt in celebration before realising the ball has actually gone in the net. As they are now the nets are appalling.

Maybe the club should do Gold, Platinum or Superbia colored nets depending on how much TV revenue we get

kidding

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.