New Brexit thread (with added poll)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ric, 3 Sep 2017.

?

If the Brexit referendum was held now, how would you vote?

1. Remain

486 vote(s)
    59.9%
  2. Leave

305 vote(s)
    37.6%
  3. Undecided

20 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. Vic

Vic

Do you really not think the pound against the dollar might be more to do with the dollar's collapse under Trumponomics? The pound is still 12% down against the Euro despite a recent recovery.

The consequent food price inflation (compounded by British producers leaving crops unharvested because they can't get the EU workers) is a permanent bit of doom and gloom.

Why do we keep mentioning it? Just in case anyone dares give the (now younger) electorate another go.

Last edited: 17 Apr 2018 at 11:39 AM
  2. Vic

Vic

Now that is desperate. That was three years ago. Not so much fake news as very faded news.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...acturing-economy-latest-figures-a7990031.html

Not bang up to date (a drop off since last October) but, to borrow the Express terminology, Germany's output has SOARED since Brexit.

3. kevin horlocks wand

kevin horlocks wand

sorry you are right - the story is on the telegraph today but I didn't want to share that as I don't want to be accused of right wing propaganda so I googled the authority of the guardian which is an old story I accept -

4. dave_blue12

dave_blue12

I see JD Wetherspoon, who have completely deleted all social media, may be involved in the Brexit/Cambridge Analytica scandal.

it seems Dyson may also be implicated.

Lots more dodgy shit to come on this yet.

5. Ancient Citizen

Ancient Citizen

Well, you'd be a sucker to fall for that.

6. dave_blue12

dave_blue12

Lol !

7. blueinsa

blueinsa

Was every pro EU tweet or post on social media a plant and attempt to somehow subconsciously attempt to make us vote remain?

Also where is this scandal? Social media platforms have been targeted for years in virtually every single political campaign, it's absolutely nothing new mate.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40244905

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/politicsandpolicy/explaining-labours-facebook-success/

The second link shows that during the GE 2017 campaign every party targeted undecided voters and that labour did so far more vigorously and with far more success and fair play to them.

Nothing sinister, nothing illegal and nothing new.

8. dave_blue12

dave_blue12

You just love to dismiss anything that doesn't suit your view don't you.

This is new because they have been caught. As for your assertion above I have no idea and neither do you.

This is illegal activity designed to undermine democracy.

I won't respond again to you as you are so intransigent.

9. blueinsa

blueinsa

See my above edit mate.

Not dismissing anything and no one has been caught doing anything.

Might i suggest its you dismissing identical instances of apparent illegal activities to undermine democracy, even though they are not illegal?

Please respond because threatening to not do so just suggest you have no real comeback and whilst i dont agree with you and have shown why you are wrong, i dont have you down as someone who would run from that and id like to think you would say fair play and hold your hands up?

10. dave_blue12

dave_blue12

One last post.

Can I suggest you read this - it's very long

https://www.parliament.uk/documents/commons-committees/culture-media-and-sport/Background paper - 2016 Referendum Expenses Opinion - Matrix Chambers.pdf

And today as we speak there is more testimony being given of illegal acts to the Select Committee.

Explosive revelations in parliament. Brittany Kaiser is accusing @arron_banks of @leaveEUofficial of illegal data combining. Illegal data exporting. Illegal use of insurance data for political purposes.

It is illegal to use data amassed for one purpose on another purpose (in this case a political campaign) without the express permission of the individual.

I have plenty of 'comebacks' but in the main refuse to waste my time on those who will not see. Do some proper research. Do not rely on the BBC.

Definitely my last post to you on this issue.

Last edited: 17 Apr 2018 at 12:27 PM