New Brexit thread (with added poll)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ric, 3 Sep 2017.

?

If the Brexit referendum was held now, how would you vote?

1. Remain

343 vote(s)
    60.3%
  2. Leave

212 vote(s)
    37.3%
  3. Undecided

14 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. 117 M34

117 M34

I was pro-remain and would vote remain again if we could turn back time but the leave vote won and that is what needs to happen. I would be against staying now after the vote even though it would be better to do so (imo of course).

Ideally, what should have happened originally was a deal in principle should have been agreed with the EU and then we could have voted on that rather than voting blind and without the bullshit lies told by both sides

2. gavvo

gavvo

Yeah great post. Makes perfect sense.

3. 1.618034

How about...

a Was remain, still remain
    b Was remain now leave
    c Was leave now remain
    d Was leave still leave
    e Couldn't give a fuck!

?

4. BobKowalski

BobKowalski

In what could be billed as possibly the saddest way to spend a Sunday night I did dip into the German leaders debate for the up coming Federal elections as I was curious to see if German car maker concerns over Brexit or any other concerns for that matter would be raised. Given that Davis and others are still banging on about them forcing Merkel to the table and wringing concessions from her over our deal (or lack of it) it seemed a good way to gauge any pressures on our next German Overlord.

Alas in 90 minutes of debate covering the burning issues of our day there was zilch on Brexit. Not a sausage. Or Bratwurst. In fairness my German aunt did think the UK had left last year and was most surprised to find that we were still hanging around the place and this misconception may be driving this lack of interest. Or like my aunt they just couldn't give a toss. Germans. Tough crowd.

5. vonkeynotvenky

vonkeynotvenky

Hahahaha brilliant Bob quite brilliant, we're hanging about like a fart in a Volkswagen :)

6. Ric

Ric

Fair enough mate. Not sure why you feel that pro-remainers would be more inclined to "vote", as you put it, than pro-leavers though. Presumably those with strong opinions either way would still be inclined to cast their opinion.

7. gavvo

gavvo

No Ric, because pro-leavers have mostly called it a day.

8. Ric

Ric

With the greatest respect, that's nonsense. It's trying to close down the debate. The notion that "the people have spoken" and "we need to move on" is ridiculous imo.

9. Vic

Vic

You forgot "Was Remain and would still vote Remain given the chance but the people have spoken, so no matter how bad it gets, one must respect that vote even though Boris's bus and Nigel's nasty posters may have swung it".

10. vonkeynotvenky

vonkeynotvenky

At least you voice the words "With the greatest respect" unlike many on the last thread who used words like "Thick" "Uneducated" "Ignorant" and "Nazi", if only others could follow that simple no insult rule mate.