New Brexit thread (with added poll)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ric, 3 Sep 2017.

?

If the Brexit referendum was held now, how would you vote?

1. Remain

408 vote(s)
    60.9%
  2. Leave

245 vote(s)
    36.6%
  3. Undecided

17 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. Magicpole

Magicpole

Low Intelligence Officer
    As the predicted disaster unfolds as expected, I remain a remainer.

Hell in a hand cart is how it feels. I knew it would.

And the good news is it's only going to get worse as the eu tell us to go fuck ourselves.

Still, think about our culture being saved. thats what keeps me plucky in the face of economic ruin and Johny Foreigner telling us we can't keep all the good stuff.

Let's sing cultural songs

Altogether now, you put your left leg in, your left leg out in out n out shake it all about.,,

Ahhh that's better.

2. Ric

Ric

Yes, there were plenty of insults in the last thread from both leavers and remainers. It would be nice if people on both sides could be a bit more respectful this time.

3. gavvo

gavvo

I hope you'll agree I didn't say either of those things Ric . What Im saying is the people who feel most aggrieved by the real vote are most likely to vote in an unreal vote, because those that won the real debate and vote are not that interested in one that doesnt matter.

4. Prestwich_Blue

Prestwich_Blue

Nothing's changed for me. The aim if the EU hierarchy (which is entirely logical from an economic point of view) is to have a common fiscal policy. That means giving up national control over tax and spending and many other aspects of fiscal policy. We would never accept that so at some point we'd be on the margins or out completely. There was nothing wrong with the old Common Market and I'm quite happy to remain in a single market/free trade area. But free movement of goods does not need free movement of people.

5. Ric

Ric

I wasn't implying for a second that you'd personally said those things, apologies if it was misconstrued that way. Your reference to "those that won the real debate" is petty though. If you genuinely think that the referendum (in which 37% of those eligible to vote chose leave) means that no further debate is needed then fair enough. I happen to disagree though.

6. gavvo

gavvo

Blimey. Two years of absolute gibberish from most politicians and pundits and I read the most succinct and erudite summary of the actual issues on BM. Nice one PB.

7. Mëtal Bikër

Mëtal Bikër

Mëtalhëad
    [​IMG]

I think you've captured exactly what many leave voters feel about the EU. Good idea, once, not so much anymore or at least not what it turned into.
    [​IMG]

8. gavvo

gavvo

Not petty at all Ric. I could argue that its petty to have another vote on here at all. I am pretty sure you would if the boot was on the other foot ? BTW what %age of those eligible to vote chose remain ?

9. Ric

Ric

You could indeed argue that it's petty to have another vote, but I would strongly disagree given the importance of the issue. If people requested it I'm sure we would have had another poll if the boot was on the other foot, as there'd be no reason not to. You're a bit oddly defensive about this tbh.

10. BobKowalski

BobKowalski

I think I read that Germany and France will push for a common corporate tax between the two countries.

If you have free movement of capital then you should have free movement of labour. That we would seek to deny ourselves these rights is a shame.