New Brexit thread (with added poll)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ric, 3 Sep 2017.

?

If the Brexit referendum was held now, how would you vote?

1. Remain

340 vote(s)
    60.2%
  2. Leave

211 vote(s)
    37.3%
  3. Undecided

14 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. Ifwecouldjust.......

Ifwecouldjust.......

We owe what we have signed up to.....unless you know more and have in-depth knowledge of the Maastricht agreement and its subsequent amendments( by the treaties of Amsterdam (1997), Nice (2001) and Lisbon (2009).)......its a contract.

2. kevin horlocks wand

kevin horlocks wand

Legally we owe them nothing to leave, my real name is Josephine Steiner by the way so I am an ITK

3. Cheadle_hulmeBlue

Cheadle_hulmeBlue

i could be wrong, but i thought legally we didnt actually have to pay any divorce bill/owe them if we didnt want to. said 4 times above xD

4. BobKowalski

BobKowalski

There is no legal basis as I understand it. But we have agreed to honour our commitments. It's more of a political decision than legal.

5. blueinsa

blueinsa

Rag Hunter!
    We have yet Barnier and co still keep telling anyone that will listen we haven't budged and that no progress has been made?

6. BobKowalski

BobKowalski

They just want more. Barnier by all accounts wanted to move talks on but the E27 nations said no. Barnier seems confident that December will see the breakthrough and the draft notes on the latest negotiations are reasonably upbeat and even recommend that the E27 start thinking and preparing internally on trade talks. May needs the EU to give a little before she can cough up more dosh. If that happens we move onto transition talks which everyone recognises we need.

7. blueinsa

blueinsa

Rag Hunter!
    Ive no doubt that the media/PR sideshow aside, talks are far more advanced than any side is willing to let on for now.

8. smudgedj

smudgedj

Controlling immigration is not about stopping people entering the country. They just won't have the right to live and work here without the correct visa. They have no need to go via Eire.

9. mcfc1632

mcfc1632

Hmmmm

Perhaps we need a walk away option ?

10. bellbuzzer

bellbuzzer

coffin-dodger
    Wonder which is the biggest travesty the so-called project fear or the actual project " lie your tits off" . One is provable, the other is just a catch-phrase without a shred of evidence . Stating the bleedin obvious is hardly a project but when the rest of the brexit campaign is airy fairy candifloss promising a new dawn for the mighty british empire, you have to cling to something.