New Brexit thread (with added poll)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ric, 3 Sep 2017.

?

If the Brexit referendum was held now, how would you vote?

1. Remain

379 vote(s)
    60.3%
  2. Leave

234 vote(s)
    37.2%
  3. Undecided

16 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. i kne albert davy

i kne albert davy

I'm sure you're right after all we had a huge number of immigrants in the 50's 60's 70's 90's 00's and 10's and it's still not cured our needs. I'm wondering just how many people we need on this island before it turns into the land of milk and honey 70 million (probably passed that already), eighty, ninety or more than that even.

2. BobKowalski

BobKowalski

Some confusion but it now seems the vote passed means the impact assessments have to be published in full and not redacted. Speaker has ruled they should be published. If the Govt doesn't then it will be held in contempt of house.

3. Cheadle_hulmeBlue

Cheadle_hulmeBlue

yes it needs to continue, but not at the levels we are currently experiencing. its completely unsustainable at current numbers and its having a huge effect on areas and the country. the majority of people dont want such big numbers- same in most european countries. if you ignore it things like brexit will happen or more far right parties will start gaining popularity. people dont give one about gdp or how much money immigration makes. they just want a system that has controls and doesn't let in such big numbers.

the government at some point will have to listen to its people imo. you keep ignoring peoples concerns it will lead to bigger problems down the line.

4. bluethrunthru

bluethrunthru

professional underacheiver
    which is just bollocks. We took immigrants in over the 50's 60's and 70's to fill gaps in our labour market. Then there were our obligations like the Ugandan Asians. To see we need and have 70+ million immigrants is just pure bullshit and ignores the indigenous population in you erroneous calculations

5. blueinsa

blueinsa

Rag Hunter!
    I should lock this for the night so you can all enjoy the game we have just had instead of the same old shit we all keep churning out on here lol.

6. i kne albert davy

i kne albert davy

Once again in your blind panic to defend your position you don't read owt, just where do I mention we have 70 million plus immigrants.Dear oh dear.

7. BobKowalski

BobKowalski

Hilarious. Brexit minister trying to argue that 'impact assessments' are not the same as 'sectoral analysis' so they don't have to publish them. Good luck with that one.

And as we know the Govt's big pitch is a Canada plus trade deal. Not that the EU was keen but opinion now doing the rounds is that such a deal is impossible as it would be illegal. Other countries like - well Canada - would not accept one third country like the UK getting such a deal when such a deal was not available to them. Rationale is that UK when it leaves it will have third country status and cannot get preferential treatment over other countries with third party status.

If we retain our EEA membership then it may be different. But the the Govt has pledged to come out of the EEA so...well fuck knows to be honest.

8. Len Rum

Len Rum

Gentleman
    Yep. Canada plus is off the table now. More like Canada dry and we'll need to spend three more years in the EU before that's all agreed.
    In other trade news it now appears that 90% of UK trade goes through the EU ( 45% single market, 15% EU trade deals with third countries and 30% MRAs with USA , China etc).
    Liam Fox has now stated deals cannot be simply carried forward.
    What price then crash out with 'no deal' now?
    Remind me what was that song by the Fun Boy Three?

9. Vic

Vic

What's going on at the Brexit Boost Express?

Two stories today about the damage Brexit will do (presented as a "shock"!) and how it will not affect immigration. Plus a big thing about a Labour MP refusing to say she'd like to stop Brexit. I'd love someone to ask all the Cabinet that - the difference would be she wouldn't lie, and they would. Plus A C Grayling (Remoaner) explaining why the vote wasn't that democratic and will be reversed - whether he's right or wrong, why is the Express broadcasting it? Plus a story on the three "dangerous" scenarios that could see Brexit reversed.

Is this softening up the readership?

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/87...ervices-euro-eu-brussels-european-union-video

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/874462/Brexit-deal-migration-crisis-European-Union-Paul-Collier

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/87...endum-European-Union-David-Davis-latest-video

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/874567/Brexit-news-eu-latest-brexit-reversal-Theresa-May

Maybe this has something to do with it.... https://inews.co.uk/essentials/130m-trinity-mirror-express-papers-sale-end-richard-desmond/

Enjoy.

10. bluethrunthru

bluethrunthru

professional underacheiver
    Surely you remember ? " They need us more than we need them" - German car, French Cheese and Italian wine sales will all collapse with no deal result because Great Britain will forge ahead with instant trade deals with the entire rest of the world who are queueing up to buy scotch and marmite....