New Brexit thread (with added poll)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ric, 3 Sep 2017.

?

If the Brexit referendum was held now, how would you vote?

1. Remain

379 vote(s)
    60.4%
  2. Leave

232 vote(s)
    37.0%
  3. Undecided

16 vote(s)
    2.6%
  1. gordondaviesmoustache

gordondaviesmoustache

That's right, man; I got in
    Does anyone know if Brexit still means Brexit?

2. Chippy_boy

Chippy_boy

Indolence
    Hardly the same thing, is it. No-one expected Trump to be president.

But anyway that's not the point. The claim was made that the Leave side did not lie. Not that the Remain side didn't.

3. Gaylord du Bois

Gaylord du Bois

Not qualified to comment
    You do realise that without his condescending utterings it may well have been closer to score draw, no matter what the bustards promised?

4. mcfc1632

mcfc1632

Semantics - you are choosing to make the point to be about what you want it to be.

You got all obsessed about Churchlawtonblue stating that the only lies that have been proven to actually be lies were the Remain ones due to the claims about emergency budgets etc.

You saw an opportunity to get all exercised and you got on a high horse and then could not get off

You then got all shitty with me because I pointed out a clear Remainer lie - but could not bring yourself to be objective/balanced and just simply say - unequivocally that the Remainer side told some absolute whoppers.

You are still doing it...........

The point is not about simply what you want it to be to score your points.

What is the problem about simply admitting that the Remain side told some absolute whoppers? Why can you not simply state that?

Last edited: 15 Nov 2017
  5. Ric

Ric

I'm still trying to work out which of the pro-leavers on here are actually Russian bots.

6. Vic

Vic

I didn't realise the thread had been revived. Saved me a lot of time. Re-started with serious discussion about where we are now (nowhere) then deteriorated to who lied, and the "EU army" (which it isn't, just more co-operation by some EU members, bolstered by doubts about American isolationism).

Still, I'll bite on a couple of issues.

Exultant? I'm utterly depressed by it all.

Now it's semantic about lie/proposition but how do we know Osborne wouldn't have done an emergency budget - if nothing else, to minimise the inflationary pressures of devaluation? But Osborne wasn't chancellor and we now have 3% inflation and Hammond will probably next week do some of the stuff that should have been done in an emergency post-Brexit budget.

It's all a bit sterile really (apart from when some idiot repeats the crap that we will spend all the net contributions on the NHS). Why people voted 17 months ago and what influenced them is gone (though I remember being amazed by how many people said they needed more information about what Brexit would mean - just read the stuff was my response). I'll tempt the outrage by pointing out that simple demographics mean the Leave majority has already gone. I just want to know what the catalyst is that will kill off the argument that "the people have spoken" outdoes common sense. It took the Irish about a week before they saw sense on their referendum.

7. chabal

chabal

Worsley is nothing more than a couple of dodgy algorithms held together by gaffer tape.

8. All of them!!

9. worsleyweb

worsleyweb

Property Development
    Please show some respect remoaners. Brexit means brexit. (Reboots)

10. Ric

Ric

Why is your IP showing up as St Petersburg?