New Brexit thread (with added poll)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ric, 3 Sep 2017.

?

If the Brexit referendum was held now, how would you vote?

1. Remain

371 vote(s)
    60.6%
  2. Leave

226 vote(s)
    36.9%
  3. Undecided

15 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. Chippy_boy

Chippy_boy

Indolence
    Brings a whole new meaning to the question, "Is Len in"?

2. smudgedj

smudgedj

If the chancellor tells you he's going to do an emergency budget then you should believe him.

3. smudgedj

smudgedj

Oh! Genius!

4. smudgedj

smudgedj

5. Ancient Citizen

Ancient Citizen

Oh dear, it's actually happening, prepare for the foot stamp fest.

6. smudgedj

smudgedj

Vodkas all round!
    здоровье!

7. Ancient Citizen

Ancient Citizen

8. mcfc1632

mcfc1632

TBF - I was/am just amusing myself because the thread is so sterile at the moment.

The Leavers on here can/do hold the view that in the main those Remainers on here that are most verbose are just repetitive boors, that whinge on and on and demonstrate little of substance. They just other keep regurgitating both about how it all went wrong pre-2016 and their 'hopes and aspirations' for how Brexit can still be stopped / might unfold.

We also notice a 'consistency' in the extent to which the Remainers are so desperately servile to all things EU related - like it has become something to be worshipped. Certainly no criticism of the holy order can be tolerated and there can be no questioning of the Remain 'crusade'.

Frankly, IMO and I am sure that of other Leavers, there has not been much evidence of character/backbone in the Remainer debating positions. I just thought that it was worth testing that point yesterday - and to (no) surprise we found that no Remainer - not just you - could bring themselves to admit that the Remain side did indeed tell some real whoppers - history must it seem be rewritten to suit the narrative.

It has been informative to see the Remainers themselves through their posts and lack of them prove this view of their character.

FWIW - having seen you stand your corner in the GP thread I had not previously had you down as someone that would 'slip and slide' and be unable to face up to truths.

Last edited: 15 Nov 2017 at 9:21 AM
  9. blueinsa

blueinsa

Rag Hunter!
    You got me boss;-)

10. tshirtman

tshirtman

I suppose the rush to leave in 2019 has nothing to do with the 'European Anti-Tax Avoidance Directive' coming in, in 2019
    No wonder the Oxbridge elite want out as soon as.