New Brexit thread (with added poll)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ric, 3 Sep 2017.

?

If the Brexit referendum was held now, how would you vote?

1. Remain

403 vote(s)
    60.8%
  2. Leave

243 vote(s)
    36.7%
  3. Undecided

17 vote(s)
    2.6%
  1. bugsyblue

bugsyblue

You’re putting words in their mouth. You have absolutely no idea why they wanted to leave! And the majority of people knew we’d be in this uncertainty that was fucking obvious from day one.

2. The sad thing is that they have just as many issues and things unplanned for as we do - its just that we like to rinse our team out in front the eyes of the world.

3. Saddleworth2

Saddleworth2

What could go wrong is being played out on a daily basis. May is like a headless chicken trying to square an impossible circle. The Tory government are riven and weak and will be incapable of getting a deal through parliament. Based on PMQ this week, the Labour Party are unwilling to attack May as they will demonstrate the weakness of their own position. I wish that politicians had historically been as assiduous in trying to implement ‘the will of the people’. ‘The People’ voted based on lies, smoke and mirrors. The government should play this charade out to its conclusion and then hold a new referendum and general election. Then at least ‘the people’ would know what they are voting for.

4. What I'm suggesting is that we get on with finding a solution to Ireland and other issues rather than fucking around trying to produce reports that could possibly flag up some issues. The government did one already and the only thing it was useful for was wiping George's arse. Otherwise we get to March 19 and have nothing sorted - a disaster on all fronts - which is what I think some people want!!

5. Saddleworth2

Saddleworth2

Mate, I was lucky enough to be involved in one of the largest IT integration programmes that has ever taken place in the Uk. I saw at first hand the level of planning, sheer intellect, professionalism from multiple organisations across the globe, blood sweat and tears that ultimately delivered a successful outcome. With that as my touchstone, I look at how Brexit is being run on the Uk side and I see the equivalent of a disfunctional 5 Year old telling everyone they are going to fly to the moon. That is how bad I think the planning and execution of this is.
    Never mind, it’s just us that will suffer the consequences.

6. MillionMilesAway

MillionMilesAway

I think that there is a difference between Osborne's with whatever outcome was wanted/due diligence of testing, and a post-referendum investigation into things without political direction.

7. Confused - I said they wanted to stay!

Big business voted to remain - Purely because keeping the status quo was better than chucking the cards in the air.

8. Ah - so we should spend tax payers money on reports, then have a referendum, then if we don't like the result, do more reports to analyse if the results were good for "have's" and fuck the "poor" whose fault it all was anyway. Some are more equal than others as the Pigs would say.

9. MillionMilesAway

MillionMilesAway

No. That is an absurd suggestion, and you know full well that's not what I meant.

Referendum, investigate what it means, make decision.

10. bluethrunthru

bluethrunthru

professional underacheiver
    absolutely agree - so many Tories have JRM and Boris down as their dream team - they are blind to the fact that they are not a pair that is well liked in their party never mind the whole country