New Brexit thread (with added poll)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ric, 3 Sep 2017.

?

If the Brexit referendum was held now, how would you vote?

1. Remain

452 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Leave

282 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Undecided

19 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. kevin horlocks wand

kevin horlocks wand

And it’s like arguing with a smug patronising know it all with you.

At least others are willing to acknowledge other points and the other sides view. Christ , I have even said I want a soft Brexit and a deal with Europe.

Having a view on the eu and not believing in it is not the same as arguing the earth is flat - factually the earth is not.

The eu on the other hand is a political body and people are allowed to have a different view on whether it’s a good thing or not. I Get the fact that you believe it’s the best thing in the world ever and shall not be criticised at all and anyone who does criticise it or indeed has a different view to you is a thicko and the opinion simply ignored or ridiculed.

But hey bob we all know you are right on everything , please just tell us all the answers to the worlds problems . Have you considered becoming an MEP?

2. blueinsa

blueinsa

Rag Hunter!
    Over 17 Million of us don’t and have told them we are not prepared to do what they want anymore.

3. Chippy_boy

Chippy_boy

Resting
    Well I suppose running away is one way of doing it. Good old British values; when the going gets tough, run away.

4. kevin horlocks wand

kevin horlocks wand

To do an acceptable deal sometimes you have to walk away first

5. i kne albert davy

i kne albert davy

More like off with the fairies the Welsh people voted to leave.

6. Ifwecouldjust.......

Ifwecouldjust.......

So thats the Scots want away .... the Northern Irish want away (cos of the Good Friday agreement and probable reunification of Eire) and now the Welsh .......call yourself British?

Those that voted Brexit will lead us to a breakup of the Union .... for what ? Simply cos they disliked the number of polish / east germans etc to support a country with an ageing population

7. blueinsa

blueinsa

Rag Hunter!
    If I may be so bold that’s an incredibly defeatist way of looking at it imo.

Over 40 years we have been a member and tried on numerous occasions to lead from the front and steer the EU’s future but have been met with a German/French centric no at virtually every corner.

One last attempt was made by Cameron and they laughed him out of the building.

Thankfully enough of us had the backbone to do what needed doing and vote leave.

8. Ifwecouldjust.......

Ifwecouldjust.......

To be honest...... its a Democracy ... you can't expect to lead from the front if no one else wants to follow (and why would anyone want to follow the divisive facist bitch called Thatcher)

Cameron was a laughing stock wherever he went

Backbone ? you Gove/ Johnson / Farage et al might have the backbone to lead us out but you can't plot a way forward to save your lives

9. blueinsa

blueinsa

Rag Hunter!
    Like i said the other day.

This has fuck all to do with brexit for some of you and everything to do with party politics and hateing the Tories.

Had Corbyn been PM and leading us out you would all be behind the decision.

10. Chippy_boy

Chippy_boy

Resting
    Speaking as someone who negotiates contracts for a living, I understand that. But ripping it up and shredding it, makes signing impossible.