New business advice please....money

Thank you to every single one of you for some sound advice. This opportunity will be presenting itself in the not to distant future.
I've got some more tangible info that may put a slightly different slant on your thoughts and advice.
The cafe is already set up and and fitted out and exists within an old furniture shop that has been transformed into the Traders Outlet (a hub whereby small businesses rent units/space to trade retail goods - think Botany Bay on a smaller scale) I already have a unit myself in there as a "Sole Trader" which I run as a sideline and I also have a Full time paid job in the Trafford Centre.
The £500 rent includes gas, electric, water, rates, tables & chairs, chiller cabinet and advertising etc.
The majority of the equipment is in place but in some respects that are certain things I would buy from new such as Microwave, Kettle, Toaster, Breville etc. Obviously I would buy brand new plates, cups, bowls, glasses and cutlery etc. Apart from the usual overheads such as phone, printing, travel, insurance and additional advertising would be an industrial coffee machine lease at approx £100pcm including service and support. After that it's simply the food itself that would need to be bought.
As I have been in this Outlet for over 4 years I am aware of the footfall and eating habits of the other Traders.
On a normal day Mon-Fri there are usually 20/25 Traders spending a fiver each on drinks & food, let's say only 10 "customers" spend a further £4 each throughout the day, quite conservatively that's £150 turnover x5 days with hopefully a larger £200-£250 on a busier Saturday.
At those figures my projections don't look at all unrealistic.
Whichever way I do it, Ltd, Sole Trader or a Partnership, my missus needs £1400 nett pcm in her account so as not to impact on lifestyle.
For me, I just want a nibble off the side but it would be nice if we can increase profitability and me get a nice fat slice further down the line.
Ta Blues :)
The Ox
Get your crockery from ikea cheap as chips (pun intended) dish wash and microwave safe http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/...8-piece-service-white-stoneware-art-90131657/ also think about getting a panini machine! Home made soups good profit margin,Good luck hope all goes well .

Get yourself a deal with a pre-made pizza supplier mate. I get my ovens free(due to selling more than the amount they want an oven rental fee for) and have to purchase my bases and sauce from them. Costs me €1.30 per pizza(Ireland) which I sell on for €10 in my places.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.