New City Store in the Arndale

Ja Salford Blue

Has anyone been in the new store upstairs in the Arndale yet?

I have just been in there and it is tiny. Is this just a temporary store while we find a site for a new one? It is just a single unit that is about a quarter of the size of the old store on Market Street.

They must be splitting it between there and the market stall near the Cathedral :)

It is small, but well stocked (if you like that kind of thing).

The shop assistant told me it's been open since Friday and is (probably) just for Christmas.

Opposite HMV if anyone wants to go.

The rags don’t even have a shop in town so no panic if this store is small.

There wasn’t enough demand for the previous Market Street store and at least there is a centre centre local to collect on-line orders from

The rags don’t even have a shop in town so no panic if this store is small.

There wasn’t enough demand for the previous Market Street store and at least there is a centre centre local to collect on-line orders from

I'm not knocking it mate, it just seems strange to have such a small and bland unit compared with the old Market Street store. It's a bit out of the way also (compared with the prominent old Market Street store)

Is that the reason the old one shut down?

I'm not knocking it mate, it just seems strange to have such a small and bland unit compared with the old Market Street store. It's a bit out of the way also (compared with the prominent old Market Street store)

Is that the reason the old one shut down?

Yes mate, it didn’t make enough sales. Also, being high profile on Market St, the previous store was a bit of a target for those nobs from Little Hulton.

I get your point about it being a bit out of the way but hopefully the store will be well stocked. The last store seemed a bit big for what we had to offer. Hopefully, the new store will do OB but time will tell. I guess it will be ditched if Christmas sales aren’t good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.