New commentator on CityTV

Viridian

Somehow worse than the last one. Slurs his words, does the forced pronunciations, sounds a little bored.

Can't we just double Alistair Mann's BBC wage and have him cover every game? A superb commentator who knows the club inside out and would be more than happy to help out.

Appreciate it's his first proper game but why do the club keep hiring sub par commentators? We've had several over the past few years and only a couple of them have been any good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Somehow worse than the last one. Slurs his words, does the forced pronunciations, sounds a little bored.

Can't we just double Alistair Mann's BBC wage and have him cover every game? A superb commentator who knows the club inside out and would be more than happy to help out.

Appreciate it's his first proper game but why do the club keep hiring sub par commentators? We've had several over the past few years and only a couple of them have been any good.

What would we moan about then if they did that?

You may not realise it but he's is a native Spanish speaker they have doing double duty on the commentary. The slurs you are hearing are the little bit of accent he still has; he is, obviously, not forcing pronunciations but pronouncing as a native speaker. Not sure if he is a permanent fixture or just covering for the usual commentator.

You may not realise it but he's is a native Spanish speaker they have doing double duty on the commentary. The slurs you are hearing are the little bit of accent he still has; he is, obviously, not forcing pronunciations but pronouncing as a native speaker. Not sure if he is a permanent fixture or just covering for the usual commentator.
Oops, this is embarrassing. I thought he was a Scouser, to be honest. Feel like a twat now, just hope he gets better.

hahaha I just watched the brief highlights on the OS to see what you mean and oh my F***
This is surely a John Motson situation where hes at home or recorded it after?
He sounds like he was in the bath and is about 4 seconds behind play, surely a troll

Is it the same one as the every angle thing they are doing?
Gotta be a Rag,sounded gutted when that twat put the ball in his own net.If was me it would of been another one of these moments:-

My biggest complaint with the last two CityTV commentators is the complete lack of passion and excitement. Martin Tyler was the same at Arsenal-Liverpool yesterday, dull as dishwater.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.