New Computer

Ok. Is it PCI, PCI-E or AGP?

If it's PCI, check it's NOT in the first (top) PCI slot.

If it's not, or it's one of the others, does the motherboard have a VGA socket as well?

Its a PCI-E. Well it fits into the PCI-E slot. There is no VGA on the motherboard.

Do you have MSN? So this is easier

Check your motherboard for switches and thing to change the speed of the PCI-E, 8x or 16x are most common I think.

After that, I'm fucked mate.

If its a newish model G.card have you got a power lead plugged into the Graphics card? You also need to formatt that HD before you try rebooting, it has all the old drivers from your mobo installed and will cause problems. The parts you bought all compatable with each other?

Yeh at least I think they are compatable anywhay. I got an Asus m2n x plus motherboard and an nvidia Geforce 8400 GS graphics card. This was recommended to me.I can't seem to get my monitor working on my old case and mootherboard now. I think I may hav f**ked this right up

Before you even get to windows, you should at least have video for the BIOS/Startup screen. That should happen without a hard drive even. Windows has nothing to do with that part.

Try pulling all the RAM you have installed and see if it reacts any differently. Then try one stick in each of the slots and see if anything different happens (different beeps, video, etc) when you hit the power button.

If that fails, unplug EVERYTHING from the motherboard, and start plugging things in one at a time, and trying the power switch after each one. See if anything changes as far as the beeps, video goes. With most motherboards, if it doesn't beep once, that means it's probably not even getting to the system startup. Something is causing a problem before that.

I have built 3 PCs and this has happened to me twice. Once it was that the RAM wasn't seated properly, the other time it was a bad cable. It could be anything, and you just have to go about it systematically.

loobis said:
Before you even get to windows, you should at least have video for the BIOS/Startup screen. That should happen without a hard drive even. Windows has nothing to do with that part.

Try pulling all the RAM you have installed and see if it reacts any differently. Then try one stick in each of the slots and see if anything different happens (different beeps, video, etc) when you hit the power button.

If that fails, unplug EVERYTHING from the motherboard, and start plugging things in one at a time, and trying the power switch after each one. See if anything changes as far as the beeps, video goes. With most motherboards, if it doesn't beep once, that means it's probably not even getting to the system startup. Something is causing a problem before that.

I have built 3 PCs and this has happened to me twice. Once it was that the RAM wasn't seated properly, the other time it was a bad cable. It could be anything, and you just have to go about it systematically.

Good advice that. I suspect it's the ram as suggested or even the graphics card, you may need to disable the onboard type in your bios to allow the card to kick-in?

Cheers for that. I will try it when I get in tonight. A few people have also said to look ad the Jumpering as well and also the speaker and usb connections for the front as they could be in the wrong way and it is causing a problem. I am going to get a new HDD after work as well so I will start a fresh with the new build. If it ever works that is

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.