New Dr Who

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Daz_Blue, 17 Jul 2017 at 8:37 AM.

1. My original post completely changed .......

[​IMG]

Last edited: 17 Jul 2017 at 1:12 PM
  2. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Hey, steady on, Daz, I've high hopes that David Silva can be a future Dr Who when he decides to hang up his boots. He'd look absolutely spiffing in a long coat and a sky blue and white scarf!

3. peoffrey

peoffrey

Ian Cheesman of all people was kicking off about this on Twitter.

The Doctor is a gender neutral role unlike Miss Marple or Superman. I'm looking forwards to seeing what Jodie Whittaker brings to the role.

4. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

I think that this should be 'has become a gender neutral role' 'cos when The Doctor appeared in '62, which incidentally took our minds away from City's abysmal showings, nobody would have had a clue what 'gender neutral' meant!

5. BJL_City

BJL_City

never heard of her, which sums up Dr. Who these days. I'm sure she'll do great and considering the target audience it's a positive and important move.

6. urban genie

urban genie

Seen her in marchlands amd attack the block, where both roles were well acted.

I could't give a toss really if it's a man or a woman as long as the perfomances and stories are good.
    The idea that timelords could swap sexes has been around since the 4th doctor so it's nothing new, though a part of me thinks they have done it to stop it being a subject every time a regeneration comes along and tgey will just revert back to a bloke after.

Really sad though all these people saying they won't watch it again, it's a tv show about an alien ffs.

7. inchy14

inchy14

stunned, dazed and still can't quite believe it!!

8. Prestwich_Blue

Prestwich_Blue

It was 1963. First episode was aired the day after JFK was shot, on Saturday 23 November 1963

9. greasedupdeafguy

greasedupdeafguy

who even watches doctor who anymore

10. urban genie

urban genie

About 4 Million pepole over here, but it has about 8-10M in the US so makes the Beeb money.

Will be kids, families, Sci-fi fans and avid fans.

I watch it, but then I watch any sci-fi and Tom Baker and Peter Davidson were the doctors when a kid so still have fond memories.
    It's a load of nonsense most of the time but so is shite like corrie which still go strong despite very weak stories and making no sense (it's a giant swingers club in a street ffs).