New EDS & Academy section launched on main site

Does anyone know why Martin samuelsen left the academy?

Was waiting for a post like this! To be honest, it's because he was poor. He didn't try in games and had a huge lack of work rate and was often on the periphery and floated about doing little. I saw him several times last year and he was frequently overshadowed by basically all his team mates. I saw his performance tonight for Peterborough, and sumat must have clicked in his head because that just wasn't the same player we saw at the CFA. It happens i guess, but city were right to let him go from what I saw.

If he ends up having a great career, so be it. Some will be late bloomers for a variety of reasons. It's unavoidable that this will happen. He wouldn't have been at city in the first place if he didn't have talent after all. We'll see if it's a flash in the pan or not over the next few years, but I'd defo not blame the club either way as he was given plenty of chances.

Was waiting for a post like this! To be honest, it's because he was poor. He didn't try in games and had a huge lack of work rate and was often on the periphery and floated about doing little. I saw him several times last year and he was frequently overshadowed by basically all his team mates. I saw his performance tonight for Peterborough, and sumat must have clicked in his head because that just wasn't the same player we saw at the CFA. It happens i guess, but city were right to let him go from what I saw.

If he ends up having a great career, so be it. Some will be late bloomers for a variety of reasons. It's unavoidable that this will happen. He wouldn't have been at city in the first place if he didn't have talent after all. We'll see if it's a flash in the pan or not over the next few years, but I'd defo not blame the club either way as he was given plenty of chances.

Thanks fair enough, as you say something clicked.
Media will probably use it if he does, but I never saw him live, so it is good to hear your comments.

Was also interesting to read MS comments. He says he was not allowed to run with the ball at CFA. Not a criticism of particularly CFA but is there overcoaching at all the academies?. I realise it is a fine line between coaching club philosophies and individual strengths.

Was also interesting to read MS comments. He says he was not allowed to run with the ball at CFA. Not a criticism of particularly CFA but is there overcoaching at all the academies?. I realise it is a fine line between coaching club philosophies and individual strengths.

Its bullshit mate. We have vast amounts of hugely skilful players who dribble frequently.

Its bullshit mate. We have vast amounts of hugely skilful players who dribble frequently.[/

Bullshit and most young footballers are often closely connected.

I will keep my eye on his progress.

As you know as they get to 17, 18, with money women pressure of breaking through etc, most disappear. Only the mentally strong come through.

I suppose my other point was mire general. Should youth, eds teams play a variety of styles, players try different positions, different roles more often.

I wonder if the youth and EDS players have been on " suicide watch " due to frustration whilst Pellegrini has been at City ?

Just thinking out aloud .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.