New Forum

Damocles said:
Rocket-footed kolarov said:
I suppose you are already considering it, but would a dedicated MCFC women's team forum be appropriate for the new super league season, less childish comments and those who are interested are free to discuss any goings on. It would also serve as an indicator of those who actually are interested in the women's team.

This is one of a few ideas under discussion at the moment, as there's a couple of potential ways to handle it structurally. Everybody outright agreed that we should have an Academy forum and it can be a sub-forum of the main so it's the first change. I think everybody is aware that too many forums can just clog the user interface so there's a balance to be had

If I may throw in my two penn'orth on that, to my mind there is a strong argument for having a thread about the Women's team within the main forum.

One of the problems with the History section is the lack of what you might call 'passing trade' - people who might not venture into a specific history forum but who would make a worthwhile contribution to a history-related thread in the main forum. I suspect that many of the topics in that section would have been commented on more widely, and the discussions improved/enhanced, had they been posted in the main forum. I understand that it helps logistically for history threads to be in a separate forum, but that lack of 'passing trade' has, I fear, had an adverse effect. Don't get me wrong, the quality of the posts in History is extremely high, but the quantity is perhaps not what it should be, and sometimes both are required to keep a discussion alive and interesting.

I rather fear that something similar would happen to a women's forum (cue Mumsnet jokes). Even for non-sexist non-misogynist posters it simply might not occur to go into the women's forum, or to go looking for threads relating to the women's team in a sort of composite 'EDS/Academy/Womens/Overseas/everyone who isn't the first team' forum, even though they would post interesting contributions to a thread about the women's team in the main forum.

It seems to me that the Club is at the moment attempting to promote and engender support for the women's team. I think that object is better achieved by leaving threads about the women's team in the main forum, where there is more 'passing trade', at least for the time being. I appreciate that there other concerns that will need to be taken into account and I am absolutely clear that Bluemoon is not simply the publicity machine for the Club: but for what my opinion is worth there is much to be said for leaving threads about the women's team in the main forum.

That's some good points made Chris, thanks. Ric loves these types of threads for this reason.

A great step for the site, especially given developments beyond the Etihad and the internet.

Fans are naturally interested in up and coming talent (and of course the future of the club) and the apparent future strategy of City producing our own world stars means Bluemoon can't afford to pay lip service to the youth set-up.

Cheers lads.

Be great in years to come, to hopefully see quite a few of the players in this forum (Rekik, Lopes etc.) moved back ito the main forum as they progress to 1st team.
Greta idea by the way.

Very good initiative... and I really like that it is a subforum... easy to access from main forum... like that alot! Thanks!

Great idea to have EDS and Academy Forum. Easy to find and worth a look.

Manchester City Ladies Football Club - I share the view that this should be within the main forum and get 'the passing trade'. Keeps the topic visible to more people and spreads the news.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.