New Ibra

Zack Faour, played well the very few times I've seen him, @twosips would be the man to ask.

That's the one. To be honest, he's not really gonna make it at City in my humble opinion. He's a good young striker capable of some excellent moments, but he's far, far behind Nmecha. Not all of them kick on, and i'm not convinced he will. Been injured for a while now, but he was second, sometimes third choice, behind Nmecha and Buckley. I may be wrong of course, but i'd be surprised. Some wonderkids just don't end up the stars that you'd think they would be. I think he'll fall into that category.

He did really well in Qatar with City, he was even better than Brahim.

Maybe our style of play didn't suit him because he is a target man and not someone who will keep running for the whole game.

He did really well in Qatar with City, he was even better than Brahim.

Maybe our style of play didn't suit him because he is a target man and not someone who will keep running for the whole game.

Qatar was a long, long time ago. Two years, which is a long time in youth football. He was bigger than everyone else too and about fifteen. And he is most definitely not a target man - it's his hold up game that lets him down as he needs to be stronger, more fierce. Difference between him and Brahim is that Brahim is a natural warrior and that really helps. Mentality entirely. Faour isn't bad as I said, but he's not great and that's certainly not down to City.

Qatar was a long, long time ago. Two years, which is a long time in youth football. He was bigger than everyone else too and about fifteen. And he is most definitely not a target man - it's his hold up game that lets him down as he needs to be stronger, more fierce. Difference between him and Brahim is that Brahim is a natural warrior and that really helps. Mentality entirely. Faour isn't bad as I said, but he's not great and that's certainly not down to City.
All correct, Faour has some lovely technical skills but he doesn't seem to have the fire in his belly (he's certainly no Ibra). He turned 18 a month ago against the 16 year old Diaz who's also about 6 inches shorter but you'd put your money on Diaz every single time if they scrapped against each other for the ball. Diaz was just 13 when we got him from Malaga at the same time as Pellegrini and generally plays against players 2 and 3 years older (which is a lot at his age especially for a small lad) but never looks out of place or bullied. I wonder how much influence Pellegrini coming here had on the lad considering Barca were wanting him? Was it Pellegrini himself who recommended/insisted we get him?

If Faour showed the same determination as Diaz he would make it with us (maybe) but I can't see it happening.

All correct, Faour has some lovely technical skills but he doesn't seem to have the fire in his belly (he's certainly no Ibra). He turned 18 a month ago against the 16 year old Diaz who's also about 6 inches shorter but you'd put your money on Diaz every single time if they scrapped against each other for the ball. Diaz was just 13 when we got him from Malaga at the same time as Pellegrini and generally plays against players 2 and 3 years older (which is a lot at his age especially for a small lad) but never looks out of place or bullied. I wonder how much influence Pellegrini coming here had on the lad considering Barca were wanting him? Was it Pellegrini himself who recommended/insisted we get him?

If Faour showed the same determination as Diaz he would make it with us (maybe) but I can't see it happening.
Maybe he needs a challenge? He has neither played in YCL, nor in fa cup, nor in any of u21 tournaments.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.