New Ibra

Maybe he needs a challenge? He has neither played in YCL, nor in fa cup, nor in any of u21 tournaments.

As I said, injured for most of the season. Also simply not good enough. Others are more deserving of that spot, so when he's been fit he's struggled to be a regular. He's currently nowhere near u21s as it stands, and i'd be disappointed if he was ahead of Buckley/Nmecha etc.

I'd move him on in the summer personally. A move away from the club to get football somewhere would be a good idea.

That's a very nice goal and I remember it. It means nothing over the bigger picture of the last two years though does it? Lots of decent prospects score the odd wonder goal. It's then what you do after.

I know, but the guy is special.

He need someone to give him the confidence back and put him on the right track.

I think he has the chance to be better striker than Rashford.

A very nicely taken goal and he scored a similar one but with his left foot at the start of this season:

Doesn't look like he has his own dedicated thread (maybe a mod could make this it?), but he scored an absolute stunner vs Blackburn the other day. Capped this from the highlights the club put up on Youtube.

I don't think anyone is doubting his technical ability but rather whether he could make it in the English PL and the jury is very much out on that at the moment. He could just be a late bloomer and prove us wrong of course and I'd love him to do that but at this moment in time I just can't see it happening. Buckley-Ricketts for one looks more likely at this time.

I know, but the guy is special.

He need someone to give him the confidence back and put him on the right track.

I think he has the chance to be better striker than Rashford.

With the greatest respect, are you saying he's special based off the few clips you've seen online or the games you've watched for the u18s etc? Do you watch the u18s etc regularly? Genuine question, curious. If so, I find it really hard to presume it's because of what you've seen there. I REALLY want him to come good, but what I actually saw most of the time is a player who looked lost and spent a lot of the time giving the ball away and not being strong enough. Not every player that looks special at 15 is going to be special at 18. That's life. Brahim is already twice the player he ever has been at u18s level, and he's younger.

Just because he scored a few nice goals at 15 it doesn't mean we should treat him as a star. He's had ample opportunities and for whatever reason it hasn't happened. C'est la vie. The game is littered with players who score the odd spectacular goal or have a purple patch and then dine out on it. It's about what you offer for 90 minutes. No point being unreliable for 7 games over 90 minutes to score one worldie in the 8th game.

Edit - also, we have loads of exceptionally talented players even more talented than him in my opinion. I don't think we should be spending all of our time lumping our eggs into his basket. He's had fair chances, and if he doesn't take them, which it appears he hasn't, then rightly the next talented kid in line will get a go. At some point you have to 'let go'.....we have hordes full of potential stars. I'm not in the slightest bit concerned about Faour's potential as a result.

Last edited:
As I said, injured for most of the season. Also simply not good enough. Others are more deserving of that spot, so when he's been fit he's struggled to be a regular. He's currently nowhere near u21s as it stands, and i'd be disappointed if he was ahead of Buckley/Nmecha etc.

I'd move him on in the summer personally. A move away from the club to get football somewhere would be a good idea.
Hopefully he won't leave that soon. Buckley may deserve a starting spot but he's not a striker. And although Faour may not be Ibra mentally, Zlatan was neither consistent at this age. Anyway, as I said, a new challenge may get him going so he may become worth of a spot.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.