new kit '14-'15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Nike Kit 13/14? (Merged)

ZabbaStuntDouble said:
Pigeonho said:
It's a sad, sad state of affairs when the quality of material on a fake shirt is better than that of the real thing. People at Nike should take note.

Rag fans have been doing it for the last 10 years, Nike hasn't changed a damn thing.

Supply and demand. I'll bet shirt sales are up on last year and the year before just because there is a global demand for Nike products not seen by Umbro or LC Sportif etc.

dannyburns4 said:
If I got a large last season,should I get a large this season???

Depends how much weight you've put on.

Just got my shirt in the post today and I can see why some fans are not happy.
Shit quality and the shield :( the less said about that the better).
I should of just got a blue T-shirt some iron on stickers and made my own.

£55 for that, it's a good job the football is good to watch or I would be really pist off.

It is pretty astonishing the difference between how Americans and British/Europeans when evaluating fabric quality lol. So far none of the blues in the states have expressed any dismay at the kits, maybe because we are used to Nike. But I see where everyone else is coming from. The kit is fine to me I guess. Wearing it now ;)

PapiChulo said:
It is pretty astonishing the difference between how Americans and British/Europeans when evaluating fabric quality lol. So far none of the blues in the states have expressed any dismay at the kits, maybe because we are used to Nike. But I see where everyone else is coming from. The kit is fine to me I guess. Wearing it now ;)

I've always liked the Dri-Fit clothing, it feels cooler and kind of airy. The new shirt doesn't feel quite the same as some of the others, but it's close. I can't speak to the pulling issue, though, except that in the abstract this doesn't seem to happen to the Nike stuff in general, I'm not sure why it would be an issue with ours in particular

teddykgb said:
PapiChulo said:

I've always liked the Dri-Fit clothing, it feels cooler and kind of airy. The new shirt doesn't feel quite the same as some of the others, but it's close. I can't speak to the pulling issue, though, except that in the abstract this doesn't seem to happen to the Nike stuff in general, I'm not sure why it would be an issue with ours in particular

I've always liked the Dri-Fit as well, but to me it seems too flimsy to be used as a jersey fabric. Are you saying the jersey feels exactly the same as the Dri-Fit t-shirts? Or it's different from those, but also slightly different from the other Dri-Fit jersey's Nike has made?

Also, a completely unrelated question to anyone willing to answer! The old Umbro jerseys, how are those? Because they've gone on a big discount and I've been thinking about picking one up for myself.

TheBeast said:
teddykgb said:
PapiChulo said:

I've always liked the Dri-Fit as well, but to me it seems too flimsy to be used as a jersey fabric. Are you saying the jersey feels exactly the same as the Dri-Fit t-shirts? Or it's different from those, but also slightly different from the other Dri-Fit jersey's Nike has made?

Also, a completely unrelated question to anyone willing to answer! The old Umbro jerseys, how are those? Because they've gone on a big discount and I've been thinking about picking one up for myself.

The 09/10 and 10/11 Umbro shirts are brilliant, if you can get one of them, snap it up.

Rorz88 said:
Where can you get player editions from ?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Manchester-City-Home-Shirt-13-14-KUN-AGUERO-16-Size-L-PLAYER-VERSION-NEW-/281144199124?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item41758007d4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Manchester-Ci ... 41758007d4</a>

TheBeast said:
teddykgb said:
PapiChulo said:

I mean, I'm not playing in it, so I don't really care about it as jersey fabric. I actually tend to wear my jerseys on planes because they're more comfortable and cool than most cotton shirts. And I'm referring to other Nike Dri-Fit jerseys, my family is of Portuguese decent and I have a couple of Dri Fit Nike Portugal jerseys and the City shirt this year feels slightly different to those. Both feel different from the t-shirts, which I also own but don't have the same texture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.