New Kit Deal - Under Armour?

I hear it is Adidas (they want all of Manchester) and we are getting out of the contract because they haven't lived up to their end of it. Who knows what is really going on.

I'd expect with Adidas having re-signed Germany at a premium due to Nike sniffing around, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich seeking huge increases on the back of the rags deal, and the contracts Adidas are letting go to help fund this (ECB, Lions), another big football deal won't be happening.

I'd go with anyone to bring back a clean blue and white home kit plus a half or even quarter decent away kit.

If we are just about to enter a period of serious trophy winning (touch wood) then it would be great if we were to do it whilst wearing a kit that bears some resemblance to our heritage.

After all - we went back towards our roots with the club badge so why oh why did we lurch away with our kits (rhetorical question cos I know it was we had sold our soul to Nike)

Am I the only one here who can't stand Adidas? I would like them a lot more if it weren't for the three stripes they stick all over everything they produce, but those stripes just absolutely ruin the designs they make.

No way is UA bigger than Adidas in the states.
Under Armour just released their recent quarterly sales and it was around $1.5 billion. I'm not sure how their domestic vs international revenue breaks down, but Adidas' recent quarter which was huge for them was $875m in the US. They're comparable at worst, but I think if you asked young people, UA would be seen as a significantly hotter brand than Adidas.

Under Armour just released their recent quarterly sales and it was around $1.5 billion. I'm not sure how their domestic vs international revenue breaks down, but Adidas' recent quarter which was huge for them was $875m in the US. They're comparable at worst, but I think if you asked young people, UA would be seen as a significantly hotter brand than Adidas.

Maybe. I may have misunderstood (I was putting it in the context of football).

Its rumoured spurs are getting £21m a year from Nike.
Are we a bigger worldwide club than spurs ?

I'd say traditionally we are a similar sized club to Spurs. Our attendances over the years have been fairly similar. They had a period of success in the 80s and 90s when they were bigger, we're having a period of success now where we're bigger.

It's not everything, but looking at followers on social media is a good indication of how many casual fans you have at home and abroad. We have roughly 3x as many followers as Spurs across all platforms.

I don't think it's unfair to say in 2016 we are a bigger draw internationally than Tottenham.

If they are pulling in £25m a year kit deals, it's absolutely scandalous if we're only pulling in £12m

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.