New Kompany Calf Injury?

great, well if the first 3 games put any doubts in the mind about our ability to challenge for the title then this kills the whole concept stone dead.

Not quite following this new "we should've brought in a CB" narrative that's started on here and no doubt will pop up whenever we lose or have an injury. It's not as if the club didn't want one or didn't try for one. We wanted VVD, he wanted Liverpool. There were other targets, but we had to shift Mangala first. The club actively tried to shift Mangala but we couldn't. If we had, we would've brought in a CB. We were also shafted by the Alves situation and the knock on effect that had to the transfer budget.

I feel like i'm wasting my time and this will be bluemoon's new moan this year but, it had to be said.

It's now up to the very highly rated and highly paid coaching team to see what they can get out of Mangala, considering he's in both Prem and CL squads.

This. We have 3 CBS in Stones, Otamendi and Managala that vast sums have been spent on. They have to step up and show they're good enough. As will whoever plays DM

Not quite following this new "we should've brought in a CB" narrative that's started on here and no doubt will pop up whenever we lose or have an injury. It's not as if the club didn't want one or didn't try for one. We wanted VVD, he wanted Liverpool. There were other targets, but we had to shift Mangala first. The club actively tried to shift Mangala but we couldn't. If we had, we would've brought in a CB. We were also shafted by the Alves situation and the knock on effect that had to the transfer budget.

I feel like i'm wasting my time and this will be bluemoon's new moan this year but, it had to be said.

It's now up to the very highly rated and highly paid coaching team to see what they can get out of Mangala, considering he's in both Prem and CL squads.

well last time I remember him playing against Liverpool he did a Gareth Barry and kicked it in his own goal, and basically derailed our season.

Mangala is plenty quick enough, and I've always thought that he looks better as a spare man to track runs than when he has a big lump backing into him, such as the PSG games where Ibrahimovic got nothing out of him.

Well let's hope the Kompany injury fears are over done. It doesn't sound too serious. However we clearly did not prioritise the purchase of a central defender, had we made it the priority that we made purchases of full backs and Mbappe/Sanchez then it would have been done. Edinson Sanchez/Tony Rudiger could have been done. Evans was an if. he would have been perfectly adequate despite comments on here to the contrary, but by the time we went for him it was subject to certain things happening.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.