New Kompany Calf Injury?

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Citizen Green, 7 Sep 2017.

Tags:
  1. Gingers Dad

Gingers Dad

He's pretty much resting up between internationals already.

2. Dribble

Dribble

This is the whole point of the club v country debate. Our Captain is injury prone and he will play way more domestic matches than internationals, so if his body is struggling to cope, common sense should tell Kompany that his international career needs to be sacrificed to prolong his top flight playing career.

As for City, having the best CB in the Prem & possibly Europe constantly injured is of no use to us whatsoever, and the time has to come whereby if Kompany can't see this, we have to act in the best interest of our club.

Kompany's contract runs until summer 2019, so I can see a situation whereby he is replaced and either used as a back up, or leaves for Anderlecht for a nominal fee to see out the rest of his career. I'm a City fan, not a Kompany fan, and as such my one & only concern is Manchester City Football Club, NOT our players international prospects.

3. SWP's back

SWP's back

Absolutely he does and the club have every right to replace him.

4. Wrighty Wrexham

Wrighty Wrexham

Its being reported that Kompany's calf injury is not as bad as first feared and that he will be in contention for Saturdays match against Watford.
    Good news if true but I wont hold my breath.

5. Cotton Weave Blue

Cotton Weave Blue

Agree totally but I think he's been overtaken in the last couple of seasons as worlds best now.