New Nike Kit 13/14? (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaelumstash

Sup3rman said:
The badge on the new home shirt isn't a shitty sewn on shield like the one in the photo. Its embroided on

How do you know mate? I hope it's true, the shield is absolutely terrible.

FWIW: when I saw last seasons kit, I knew it was a "title winning kit". This year, I knew it wasn't. This, quite frankly isn't either.

That means nothing, but I promise you, we won't win in that kit.

Material looks gash. Shield is pretty much a "no purchase" dealbreaker for me. Badge looks so fucking cheap. Just not worth paying whatever astronomical sum that will be charged for it. I'll just go to my closet full of better sky blue designs to wear on matchdays.

I do wonder if this is a "counterfeit Asian sweatshop" variant that they are reviewing, though. I believe even "THAT" shirt has actually been produced and shown up on a wood floor at some point. Plus that godawful red/black gradiant with the white that Soon-Yi or whoever was forced at gunpoint to produce off of one of zsd's concept designs.

coulsonblue said:
FWIW: when I saw last seasons kit, I knew it was a "title winning kit". This year, I knew it wasn't. This, quite frankly isn't either.

Looks like a wannabe cop shirt with that shield thing... :/

Shaelumstash said:
Sup3rman said:
The badge on the new home shirt isn't a shitty sewn on shield like the one in the photo. Its embroided on

Nike tend to release a general replica shirt (£50ish) as well as a player edition that retails at about £85-90. Well, that's what I know they've done with a lot of shirts in the past few years. Maybe that's what they're planning on doing for us as well. If so, then I presume the shirt with the crappy shield will be the general replica, whilst the embroidered and more fitted shirt will be the more expensive option.

I think this will look fantastic on the players, who will have it tailored.

However, on the average middle aged, overweight City fan... It's going to look shit.

simonr555 said:
Shaelumstash said:
Sup3rman said:

Nike tend to release a general replica shirt (£50ish) as well as a player edition that retails at about £85-90. Well, that's what I know they've done with a lot of shirts in the past few years. Maybe that's what they're planning on doing for us as well. If so, then I presume the shirt with the crappy shield will be the general replica, whilst the embroidered and more fitted shirt will be the more expensive option.

If that's true I don't have a big problem with the overall look of it. Simple, basic sky blue will always work for me.

What makes me think you might be right is that we seem to have seen two different black away designs. One with the fucking shield and a better-looking one that seems to not have it.

coulsonblue said:

2011/12 kit was awful. Not quite sure how you knew it was a "title winning kit". The collar was horrible.

Shaelumstash said:
Sup3rman said:

That IS the shirt, and it DOES have the shield!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.