New official City website

Has anyone had chance to check out the Beta version of the new official City website?

I've had a quick look, it looks like the content is much the same, but slightly different layout and more emphasis on social media. Seems ok to me.

Any tech / design minded people managed to have a look? @Ric @Damocles @GeekinGav

a lot more responsive and more blog/dynamic style. would be prefer more blue from a design look, looks like a Boddingtons Wordpress site in that regard.

on the feedback i just added:

"A lot more Blue. We are City after all. It looks like a generic wordpress theme that no one has bothered to edit. A club's site should represent the club. the colour scheme screams a team that play in black and gold."

is easy to change, just to redefine the code so the gold is blue and the browny/poo colour to a navy colour. just add the gold on feature placements and link images.

Last edited:
Looks like a new club website will be launched in the summer. Cant say the beta looks great, just a load of pointless twitter crap covering half the page.

Just had a look myself. Gave negative feedback. The thing is awful. A lot of changes that seem to be for the sake of change. It's all over the place.

Awful website full of adverts and clutter. Not as bad as the phone app though. That is shockingly slow.

Simplicity and elegance are key - and it has neither.

I'm aware that 'change' is often difficult to embrace, but what fundamental need is not being met in the current design that is being met in the new one?

It's fucking horrible and I made sure I filled out the survey and told them so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.