New official City website

I'm a web developer like to think I'm pretty normal but some are on planet zanussi, need to keep an eye on the techies otherwise they get carried away ... NO COMMON SENSE!!

Don't blame the developers.

Any reputable company user tests new software before release.

If City had done that they'd have found out that the new site is amateurish and poor.

But the old site wasn't too good either, and the ticket office has been dreadful for decades.

City don't do customer service very well.

Was away on holliers for a week and hoped that in that time there may be improvements but I still can't get any decent performance on the site from my iPad.

One of my staff has just completed a sports journalism degree, and has spent the last year at City, United, and Lancashire Cricket.

He’s been telling me for more than a year that most of the local journalists don’t think that City will have a website in the near future. Apparently it’s served its purpose, and doesn’t actually make money.

I’ve always disagreed, mainly along the lines of the website being popular and entertaining.

However, since these amateurish changes, I'm starting to believe that this is all some kind of masterplan, where City want everyone to use their official Facebook and Twitter accounts.

One of my staff has just completed a sports journalism degree, and has spent the last year at City, United, and Lancashire Cricket.

He’s been telling me for more than a year that most of the local journalists don’t think that City will have a website in the near future. Apparently it’s served its purpose, and doesn’t actually make money.

I’ve always disagreed, mainly along the lines of the website being popular and entertaining.

However, since these amateurish changes, I'm starting to believe that this is all some kind of masterplan, where City want everyone to use their official Facebook and Twitter accounts.
They'll need some kind of online portal for ticket sales.

Nah! anyway, nothing will make money the amount we pay players. tell you what bugs me moving banners when game is on - distracting.

I still for the life of me can't navigate this God awful excuse for a website.

Will some techy type of person be kind enough to post links to:

Away game tickets.

Champions League ticket bundle selection for cup scheme members.

Cheers

The website doesn't make money? Fuck, we had better shut it down then. wtf...

I still for the life of me can't navigate this God awful excuse for a website.

Will some techy type of person be kind enough to post links to:

Away game tickets.

Champions League ticket bundle selection for cup scheme members.

Cheers

No bundle exists for CL cup scheme members

http://www.mancity.com/news/tickets-and-travel/2016/08/27/champions-league-group-stage/1472235450132

Away tickets only come up when criteria is available

http://tickets.mancity.com/events.aspx

Last edited:

In an era when exposure around the world is a necessity, and a world wide fan base is becoming just as important as match going fans, your employee thinks the club will suddenly stop using one of the best mediums it has in reaching out to them?
Nah.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.