New Penalties For Speeding.

I get alot of stick for driving like a right slow c*nt - especially from my mates... so imagine my surprise when i got done for speeding, apparently 36 on a 30 road, no camera, copper side of the road with a speed gun.. im convinced every car would have been done.
I opted for the speed awareness course instead of the points - 2 hours of being lectured not to drive dangerously, annoying and patronizing for a slow driver like me.
Only 2 hours? It's 4 hours round here and they don't let you out a minute early.
Lucky bastard.

If you don't speed you will never owe a penny I have found... It isn't just about safety but there has to be a limit that won't kill people and what is the point if it isn't enforced.

If it isn`t just about safety then what is it about ?, what gives these robbing bastards the f*cking right to "Fine" you for a victim less "Crime" ?, if you are driving too fast for the situation then the police may have a point pulling you over (As it used to be the case) because its a danger, but speed is relative to the situation and a made up number to catch people is simply for the money.

I can think of literally hundreds of stretches of roads where the limit has been reduced, funny that the original limits were fine for decades when the cars were far less capable in handling and stopping.

To be honest I have only ever had one SP30 in 20 odd years and over 800k miles. The way to not get caught is not to drive like Mary Poppins but to keep your eyes open - for fixed cameras when you're in a strange area - for cops at the roadside and those bloody "Safety Camera Speed Enforcement " vans. Spot the "enemy" and take evasive action. Always worked for me.

Its funny ref those vans - I mean I never see one after 5pm or at weekends..... nobody speeds outside working hours clearly. And if I as a civilian was to wear a uniform that looks like a Police one and sat at the side of the road in a vehicle sporting the word Police and maybe having the constabulary crest on it I'd expect to be arrested for impersonating a Police officer - oddly enough those chaps don 't?

Seriously, that's good work. But I hardly see those vans. You must be looking out for them all the time

To be honest I have only ever had one SP30 in 20 odd years and over 800k miles. The way to not get caught is not to drive like Mary Poppins but to keep your eyes open - for fixed cameras when you're in a strange area - for cops at the roadside and those bloody "Safety Camera Speed Enforcement " vans. Spot the "enemy" and take evasive action. Always worked for me.

Its funny ref those vans - I mean I never see one after 5pm or at weekends..... nobody speeds outside working hours clearly. And if I as a civilian was to wear a uniform that looks like a Police one and sat at the side of the road in a vehicle sporting the word Police and maybe having the constabulary crest on it I'd expect to be arrested for impersonating a Police officer - oddly enough those chaps don 't?

They fucking do round here......There are a couple of villages that have manquinns dressed up in police uniforms, hats and hi viz vests leaning on bus stops, or in someones garden. They do the trick on the tourists.

Seriously, that's good work. But I hardly see those vans. You must be looking out for them all the time

Regular routes too - I know where they are likely to be along the A19 for example. If they aren't in one place they are likely to be in the next..............unless its not 9-5 of course when no speeders are out FFS.

To be honest scrutinise ALL vans in lay byes ahead of you anything with a blacked out offside rear window is likely to be a camera van. Any van on an overhead bridge with a side door open similar - normally white or silver but I have seen them in red and dark blue......twats

They fucking do round here......There are a couple of villages that have manquinns dressed up in police uniforms, hats and hi viz vests leaning on bus stops, or in someones garden. They do the trick on the tourists.

they aren't a worry - not legal and not tracking speeds though TBH if you are in a village just observe the 30mph limit - it makes sense

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.