New Penalties For Speeding.

Princess Parkway speed limit is being reduced to 30 from the M60 all the way to town from Sunday 30th. Watch out.
But that's not to make more money from "speeders", honest guv. So a 3 lane stretch of road with barriers at the side is now 30mph. It's obviously because of the (dead) buggers running out of Southern Cemetery and into the road at 3 in the morning that's causing it to be reduced. Absolute madness.

I can see in 5 - 10 years time, you'll be stopped at the end of the M60 and be taken into town by following a man holding a red flag to advise pedestrians of a car coming their way.
(EDIT. Forget that, they wouldn't get the additional revenue from the fines.)

There's a secondary school across from a dual carriageway 40mph road from our local Asda with another school on the same side as the store a bit down the road. Despite two separate sets of crossing lights I've lost count of the number of flower tributes for the idiot kids who don't wait or are head down looking at their phones. Bullshine? I think not.

There are more than a few situations like that, but then even if you put barriers up so they had to use the crossing ( Put a lollypop lady there as well, still cheaper than a camera and would be a proactive measure) some would still climb over the barriers and keep the florist in work, natural selection has always weeded out the hard of thinking.

Everyone can think of places where speed limits are a good thing, but the vast majority of speeding tickets are not generated anywhere near them.

Don't know why everyone is getting fussed about this, first it was middle lane drivers, next people on phones and now speeders, there's just no one to enforce any of it so unless you are really unlucky you won't get caught.

But that's not to make more money from "speeders", honest guv. So a 3 lane stretch of road with barriers at the side is now 30mph. It's obviously because of the (dead) buggers running out of Southern Cemetery and into the road at 3 in the morning that's causing it to be reduced. Absolute madness.

I can see in 5 - 10 years time, you'll be stopped at the end of the M60 and be taken into town by following a man holding a red flag to advise pedestrians of a car coming their way.
(EDIT. Forget that, they wouldn't get the additional revenue from the fines.)
The main justification used was that there have been a couple of fatalities on that road. One was caused by a coach jumping a red light after he swerved to avoid the traffic in front of him that had stopped for the red light because he was distracted. The other was caused by a pissed up van driver who did a hit and run. The speed limit was not a factor in either case but it gets quite emotive when the families of the people killed get involved in a campaign to lower the speed limit at which point Councillors no longer base their decisions on facts but on sentiment.

The main justification used was that there have been a couple of fatalities on that road

Perfectly true, and you go on rightly to expose the true picture of how those happened, but I think the opportunity to make a small fortune every day from speeding fines has far more to do with it than any considerations of feeling the effected families have, because you can bet your house on the Councillors being in the line for a taste of the action one way or another.

Princess Parkway speed limit is being reduced to 30 from the M60 all the way to town from Sunday 30th. Watch out.
An act of utter fucking stupidity by a notoriously anti-car council.
I doubt any of the accidents are caused by those driving between the current limit and the new limit, so why not just enforce the current limit. And hammer pedestrians who are more interested in their phones than the traffic. Perhaps making jaywalking an offence might also reduce accidents.
Camera vans and council cash registers will be busy.

According to a friend in New Mills, Derbyshire County Council were going to reduce the speed limit on a local road, because the road in question, which normally had under 10 accidents per year, suddenly had over 50! The explanation, after a very quick review, showed that a coach carrying pensioners on a day trip had a blow out. Because 2 or 3 were a bit shaken up, it was recorded by DCC that nearly 50 people had been injured, and the true facts were not disclosed. After representations by the local council, this plan was scrapped.
I'm actually surprised by this, as I understand that DCC want to cobble the M1 to reduce speeding.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.