New runway at heathrow

reminds me of the so-called "olympic bid" when the whole world knew it was a foregone conclusion, but went ahead anyway. "And the winner is London"...............always has been, always will be.

Zak Goldsmith. Billionaire inheriting, posh twat resigns to force a by election because he's a principled man who said "No to Heathrow and that's final." Is still going to stand instead as an independent. The prime minister has decided the tories won't put anyone up against him in such a safe conservative seat (23,000 + majority)

If he was that principled he wouldnt be standing again. I bet he's claiming every single expense he's entitled to as well.

reminds me of the so-called "olympic bid" when the whole world knew it was a foregone conclusion, but went ahead anyway. "And the winner is London"...............always has been, always will be.
The amount of excuses cooked up when Manchester went for it in comparison.

I work under Heathrow flight path and live beneath Gatwick, would have preferred Gatwick myself only on a personal level as it's closer to me although by time it's ready I doubt I will be in any state to use either one

Gatwick was always hamstrung by the fact their plan never included any improvements in access from what I have seen. Its the M25 then M23 - two not very good roads or train there on the Brighton line and we all know how many awards Southern Rail are winning for running that service !! You can't even expand because it runs through the deepest cutting in Europe which is almost impossible to widen and far too expensive to consider - would probably have been cheaper to move Gatwick !!

Zak Goldsmith. Billionaire inheriting, posh twat resigns to force a by election because he's a principled man who said "No to Heathrow and that's final." Is still going to stand instead as an independent. The prime minister has decided the tories won't put anyone up against him in such a safe conservative seat (23,000 + majority)

If he was that principled he wouldnt be standing again. I bet he's claiming every single expense he's entitled to as well.

Saw a Tory MP tonight saying he was sure Zac would support the government as he always has done when re-elected. So "principled" stand - 3 months as an Indy then announce you are retaking the Tory whip. All at the cost to us the tax payer of one by-election. Thanks Zac you self righteous pompous git !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.