New Sponsorship Deals - Or Lack Thereof

When does the Etihad deal actually run out? Wasn't it a 10 year deal originally? If so we must be approaching the term for this deal as well.
Regardless I think kit supply and shirt sponsor deals are growth areas for our commercial income. We should be able to get more than we have at the moment.

When does the Etihad deal actually run out? Wasn't it a 10 year deal originally? If so we must be approaching the term for this deal as well.
Regardless I think kit supply and shirt sponsor deals are growth areas for our commercial income. We should be able to get more than we have at the moment.

Although Etihad were already our shirt sponsor, the £400m ten year deal started in 2011

There were reports that it was being extended by a further five and being increased in value, but I can't find any confirmation that it ever was

Our commercial revenue is second only to United isn't it?

Yes, hence why I said 'major'.
Chelsea get almost 5 times our kit sponsorship income and significantly more from shirt sponsor, despite ours including stadium making rights.
Add to this the lack of a training kit sponsorship as mentioned in the OP and going forwards we will be moving increasingly backwards compared to them and other clubs (spurs in particular with new stadium etc).
Fingers crossed we manage to improve things significantly as, more than ever, this game is about £ and unfortunately we have wasted an obscene amount in the last few years (current window excepted).

New one for the US market just announced.

https://www.mancity.com/news/club news/club news/2017/july/cfg announcement?amp=1

City Football Group (CFG) and Goals Soccer Centres (Goals) have today announced a joint venture which will see the Group team up with one of the world's largest and most popular operators of dedicated, 5-a-side pitches, to create and run leading playing and training facilities across the US and Canada.

The sites will all be jointly City and Goals branded, with the new identity to be launched later this year.​

Yes, hence why I said 'major'.
Chelsea get almost 5 times our kit sponsorship income and significantly more from shirt sponsor, despite ours including stadium making rights.
Add to this the lack of a training kit sponsorship as mentioned in the OP and going forwards we will be moving increasingly backwards compared to them and other clubs (spurs in particular with new stadium etc).
Fingers crossed we manage to improve things significantly as, more than ever, this game is about £ and unfortunately we have wasted an obscene amount in the last few years (current window excepted).

To be honest I doubt we sell as many shirts as Chelsea so I wouldn't expect us to be on the same footing. Perhaps we are due an enhanced deal mind.

Don't we usually announce a raft of these on the pre-season tour?

Can't think of any Tier 1 or 2 sponsors announced for ages

Nexen have gone on the shirt sleeve but that was announced a good while ago

Still no training kit sponsor when United and Chelsea both have huge deals.

Our Nike deal is dwarfed by everyone else in the top 6

We're spending at levels never seen before though so something must be going on!

Maybe Etihad and some Tier 2 deals have been increased without an announcement now our FFP settlement is done?
We haven't won anything of note for a few years now. We've barely challenged for anything since 2014 and only only found ourselves in the latter stages of the CL once.

We've come on leaps and bounds but we're still not there in terms of being a sustained top club. I think in terms of success and challenging we've just overtaken Deportivo from the late 90s, Valencia in the 00s (although they got to two CL finals in a row), maybe Arsenal from early in Wenger's reign are the next post to catch. but we're still not a name that strikes "WOW" into the football world in terms of what we do on the pitch. Guardiola himself says we aren't a top club yet.

I think that's representative in some of the sponsorship deals we have (kit manufacturer for one). But considering that I think we do very well in enticing sponsors. We earn £millions$ compared to some other clubs who challenge for honours as much as we do

Hopefully it all changes in the next few years though.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are not a "brand" yet.. Just Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal are in the prem really. Chelsea and City are moving towards it but we are not there yet.

Why do i suspect there's a big fuck off commercial deal on the horizon which covers our transfer spending twice over?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.