New Striker In January?

I'll admit I havn't seen him play in a long while, however, What about Pato? There were a few reports a couple of days ago that the Dippers had agreed a fee for january. If he's been happy floating around the brazilian leagues etc then it would suggest he hasnt got a massive ego to be massaged and wouldn't mind sitting behind Aguero in the pecking order. Still only about 25 as well.

The issue we face is what happened yesterday & potentially how many times it could happen from now till the end of the season. We came out in the second half with a higher tempo without a recognised striker on the pitch, for all Sterling & De Bruyne's worth we cannot rely on them to continue to win us games.
I dont want to see Kelechi's development hampered with us bringing in another striker but if we dont - we could find ourselves in a position where points are lost and games are thrown away. I would be in favour of a loan move until the end of the season or bringing in an experienced striker on a short deal to give us that cover that undoubtedly we are going to need a few more times this season.
It's also quite clear that Manuel doesn't see Nacho as a striker.

Alvaro Morato would tick all the boxes for me, young, quick, strong, good with the ball, and as we saw against us, knows where the goal is. Not sure how feasable the transfer would be mind as i am sure i read recently about a buy back clause in his Juventus contract with Real.

Paco Alcacer could be another one to look at.

Ayoze Perez another (similar style to aguero, although obviously nowhere near as good, we were sniffing round him when he was at tenerife as well)

I dont really want anyone in ahead of Kelechi, i honestly think this guy can be as good as aguero one day. Villa on loan i wouldnt say no .

I dont really want anyone in ahead of Kelechi, i honestly think this guy can be as good as aguero one day. Villa on loan i wouldnt say no .

I actually agree 100%, but still feel we are a striker light, a number 9 type striker, big, tall, aggresive - dare i say a negredo (in his first 6 months with us) type striker. i think kelechi is going to be a superstar, but with aguero's injury problems, bony's inconsistency and nacho's age (don't think he should have too much expectation thrown on him at this stage, we need to let him develop) another striker would take the burden off all of them.

January is not a good window to bring anyone in. All top players will be still involved in the Chumps league and there is absolutely no point in bringing a second rate player in.

I think we made a bad judgement call in the summer for not replacing Dzeko. Unless we can get a loan player in I would just bite the bullet and wait for next summer and then buy someone who is top drawer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.