New Top Gear Presenting team

Quite agree, Chris Evans will try and turn it into his ' Hey everybody, look at me and Dont forget your toothbrush' farce and piss the general viewing population right off, granted Sabine Schmit is easy on the eye and can drive a Transit at full chat, Eddie Jordan...Mmmmmm, and WTF is that guy out of Friends doing. I think Auntie is desperate.

As opposed to the human Roger Mellie and his two Eton fags?
Great news that bollock faced tit is off the BBC.

The one thing the old team had going for them was the chemistry between them, at the end of the day they were just good mates and that is what made it so good. I can't see this one catching on because deep down Top Gear was always a poor scripted load of crap made great by how the presenters... presented it.

Is it any wonder Amazon are pouring millions into them, they could present a tinned beans show and somehow make it funny and engaging.
That three bunch of blokes, seriously? Nothing to dislike about James May, a very bright educated and down to earth chap, but let down by his fawning to the ignorant noisy attention seeking bigoted bore that is Jeremy Clarkson. And Hammond, a very bright educated and down to earth chap, but let down by his fawning to the ignorant noisy attention seeking bigoted bore that is Jeremy Clarkson. And Clarkson. Well fuck me, he is Donald Trump but with dirty rotten teeth.
Funny and engaging. Not for me.
I hope Chris Evans makes a good fist of it, and there is no reason to hope he doesnt just because he isnt one of those three above

That three bunch of blokes, seriously? Nothing to dislike about James May, a very bright educated and down to earth chap, but let down by his fawning to the ignorant noisy attention seeking bigoted bore that is Jeremy Clarkson. And Hammond, a very bright educated and down to earth chap, but let down by his fawning to the ignorant noisy attention seeking bigoted bore that is Jeremy Clarkson. And Clarkson. Well fuck me, he is Donald Trump but with dirty rotten teeth.
Funny and engaging. Not for me.
I hope Chris Evans makes a good fist of it, and there is no reason to hope he doesnt just because he isnt one of those three above
So you're not a Clarkson fan then?

So you're not a Clarkson fan then?
Im staggered that anybody can be. I totally get that people in popular media culture have media personalities and private personalities, in that they become provocative or devils advocate and so on in order to remain relevant and be current. But he does not have those qualities. He quite simply says outrageous things knowing that the stupid will like it. And these are his words, he is a stupid bigoted irrelevant bore. His marginal WASP views no longer fit the modern world, they may fit the Red Lion in Quaint Village, Oxfordshire where he parks his Range Rover and talks shit to fellow minded middle aged idiots, but thankfully the BBC which realises it has wider responsibilities saw through him and saw sense

The reason the previous Top Gear was so good was because of Clarkson's writing. I don't see anyone in the new lineup who has the same writing talent. The other thing was that two of the three were professional motoring journalists, and so could actually give you an informed opinion. Matt Le Blanc and Chris Evans are just two rich blokes who like cars. Does anyone think they could compare the new VW Golf to the last one? Getting the two journalists in was a good move, but it looks like they're gonna have a smaller role. People are praising the choice to hire Sabine, but I don't see what role she's filling, given that the Stig was the professional racing driver of the show. Part of the fun of it was watching the three presenters trying to match the Stig's time in one of the challenges. Hardly going to be a surprise if the professional racing driver wins every time, is it?

Im staggered that anybody can be. I totally get that people in popular media culture have media personalities and private personalities, in that they become provocative or devils advocate and so on in order to remain relevant and be current. But he does not have those qualities. He quite simply says outrageous things knowing that the stupid will like it. And these are his words, he is a stupid bigoted irrelevant bore. His marginal WASP views no longer fit the modern world, they may fit the Red Lion in Quaint Village, Oxfordshire where he parks his Range Rover and talks shit to fellow minded middle aged idiots, but thankfully the BBC which realises it has wider responsibilities saw through him and saw sense

They saw sense by making him their highest paid presenter for a decade and reluctantly sacking him for twatting someone.

Clarkson is funny and he has great chemistry with the other two. They have fun doing their show and it comes across on screen. The classism showed towards Clarkson and the "well only the stupid like him" is one of the more irritating things around.

You know who dislikes Clarkson? People who cannot separate political opinions of an entertainment personality from the crux of an entertaining show.

He was the world's most popular presenter which is why Amazon parked a dump truck full of money on his front porch to come and work for them. And he'll be followed there too by his audience whilst this shit show will flop.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.