New years resolutions:

good on you. brave man. keep it up, you owe it to yourself. its easy enough to become ill without increasing your chances.
Spot on cheers. I am a carer and seeing stuff as you get older makes you a bit more focused. As some one once said.. “if I had known I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself”!

i'll give you a new year resolution.

do it.

whatever you have been saying to yourself you'll do, do it.

a holiday, do it.
make up with an estranged family member, doesn't matter who why where , do it.
go to the docs over that ache, do it.
buy that car, do it.
city in Europe, oh i'll do the next one, no, do it.
tell, show, prove to your partner they are still precious.
tell your kids what they mean to you.

as people know in the last 12 months I have become completely disabled and the change to my life is unbelievable. I have gone from slight limp in Bucharest last year to having to cancel Shaktar this time round because I can simply no longer walk.
got the stair lift, the bars round the bog and all that but it doesn't half peg you back, not everything but it does peg you back. I'm off to Basle as that will be a wheelchair friendly city, I also have fabulous mates to help with the trip so I'm going.

I am very lucky, I am still healthy in myself I have done that holiday, that car and so on but as I near retirement I had these big plans to buy in Italy, sail Alaska and the like. I don't know what I may achieve being like this but I do know if I am honest with myself I could have done these things already had I had half a brain and not took my health for granted,

so the main point is at least if you are reading this learn from an old man. want to do something ? well go and bloody do it.
whatever that might be.

happy new year.

ps. 15 points makes things look a lot better :)
Hope you get positive response to your meds, in the new year , mate.

Good post Bill and if any of you out there can manage well on reduced hours then do it.
You can pull back a fiver but you cant ever pull back a day lost.
Your time is the most precious commodity you possess so use it well and enjoy life to the full.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven’t had a drink this year and feel fine. My birthday on Tuesday is the big test!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.