New York City FC

Should have been two. Wake up, you dozy bastards. Also, wtf is with the narrowness of the playing area? The game is constantly overcrowded because of it and wing play is very difficult.
They are playing on field made for baseball, Yankee Stadium there's nothing they can do about that unless they find a site to build a new stadium which is hard in New York. They shouldn't be playing high balls across field so much though because it's easy for them to get to it with it being so narrow, should keep it on the ground unless they are playing a chip behind their defence or a diagonal long ball.

The crowd seemed really into it, roller-coaster ride for them that match was.

He's played for the first team and been on the bench

Sorry mate.

I know he’s played for us, because I was there at Villa Park etc

On this occasion, I’m just interested if NYC tried to get him on a second loan spell, or whether City pulled the plug, thinking that he’d benefit more from being on the periphery at the ETIHAD.

Whenever I watch NYC I find myself cringing at their defensive naivety when losing the ball in dangerous situations.

You can’t even compare it with lower division football, because lower division teams tend to hoof it downfield, and aim for set piece domination.

On this occasion, I’m just interested if NYC tried to get him on a second loan spell, or whether City pulled the plug, thinking that he’d benefit more from being on the periphery at the ETIHAD.

When Vieira came in, he started making comments to the effect that although he thought that the academy players had the talent to make a difference in NYC that he did not want to go down that route and wouldn't be considering any of them.

Considering that he was previously the EDS manager, and considering that CFG had to persuade MLS to write in a rule saying that they could arrange up to 4 loans from our academy every year outside of the usual loan rules, this suggests one of two things: either Vieira realised when he arrived that he had a huge job on and that he needed the stability of players he knew weren't on one-off loans, or else after a single year CFG has decided that their strategy of loaning youths from Manchester to New York is flawed and has decided to pull the plug on the entire routine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.