New York City FC

First full MLS game I've watched (80mins). Was expecting more. Is this a typical game or being a knockout are both teams more cautious than a normal League game?

Very cautious, normally a lot more free flowing games, and NYCFC really been poor today without Pirlo to control the midfield.

So Villa off? And keep on a useless Harrison today?

He's only been useless because he's been double-marked, whereas Villa has only had one player on him until he (rarely) got near the penalty area. At least by keeping Jack on, he ties down more players who can't engage in the rest of the play.

Or at least, I feel that's what Patrick was going for.

First full MLS game I've watched (80mins). Was expecting more. Is this a typical game or being a knockout are both teams more cautious than a normal League game?

Neither. This game is insane. The previous two knock-out games played today were far more cautious affairs, I understand. Toronto and NYCFC have had a fairly bitter rivalry from the first day, and they've both simply opted to use this game to kick lumps out of each other, not to mention that Toronto were clearly absolutely desperate to take an advantage into their away leg. The play is hardly PL standard normally, but neither is it this relentless and lacking in skill.

He's only been useless because he's been double-marked, whereas Villa has only had one player on him until he (rarely) got near the penalty area. At least by keeping Jack on, he ties down more players who can't engage in the rest of the play.

Or at least, I feel that's what Patrick was going for.

Neither. This game is insane. The previous two knock-out games played today were far more cautious affairs, I understand. Toronto and NYCFC have had a fairly bitter rivalry from the first day, and they've both simply opted to use this game to kick lumps out of each other, not to mention that Toronto were clearly absolutely desperate to take an advantage into their away leg. The play is hardly PL standard normally, but neither is it this relentless and lacking in skill.

I wonder if NYCFC will be penalised for picking up so many yellow cards.
Also, I wonder if Villa will available for the 2nd leg.

Bit of a kick in the bollocks that, Toronto good value for the scoreline though.

I wonder if NYCFC will be penalised for picking up so many yellow cards.
Also, I wonder if Villa will available for the 2nd leg.

I doubt it, but they're essentially penalised by the rules themselves. If any of those players get a second yellow in the following leg, (and supposing NYCFC go through) then they get a suspension going into the next round.

Must do New York proud after RB is out after a bad 2-1 loss at home.

What happened to Harrison? He went from being unplayable and one of the rookies of the year in my opinion. To suddenly being able to pass a simple 5 yard pass.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.