New York City FC will have pick of MCFC youngster

The Fat el Hombre

NYC FC will have pick of Manchester City youngsters

Was gonna put this in the EDS forum but my post is as much about NYC if anything, here's the article from goal:

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2014/02/06/4599136/-?

Jason Kreis, appointed as the new MLS side's coach in January, is able to loan four players per season from their parent club and is already sizing up potential candidates

Manchester City's youngsters will have the opportunity to play for New York City FC once the MLS franchise is up and running.

The American side will be allowed to loan four players from their parent club in England, providing New York with up-and-coming talent and giving the English-based players first-team opportunities.

Head coach Jason Kreis has already begun sizing up which players from City's academy he would like to take to New York for the 2015 season when they begin life in MLS.

The 41-year-old, who was appointed in January and is keen to start building for their first campaign as soon as possible, told the Premier League club's official website: "We will have the ability to take four players on loan from the club here.

"So I'm looking a lot at the younger players and the Under-18s and the Under-21s at the moment and also the players that are out on loan.

"We have a very big interest in bringing some City players over to join us in New York and I certainly think there’s the talent there.

"And the ambition is there as well, so we'll have to get with those guys over the next six months to a year and see whether or not that's something they would like as well."

Manchester City announced their intentions to launch a team in America in May 2013 and have since acquired Melbourne Heart in the Australian A-League for a similar venture.

Anyone else starting to gain interest in NYC FC? I was, regardless of this. I think the Xavi rumour helped a bit, but I'm just starting to see it as an intriguing prospect. WIll I cheer them like City? Nope, at least not at first, but I imagine that interest may grow over time

Will be great to see some of our youngsters over there and what a fantastic opportunity it would be for them professionally and personally. Whether you're interested in NYC or not you should be interested in our youth players and having 4 of them playing in the states could be interesting for numerous reasons.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/13/united-states/2014/02/06/4599272/new-york-city-fc-will-have-pick-of-manchester-city?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

New York City FC will have pick of Manchester City youngsters

Jason Kreis, appointed as the new MLS side's coach in January, is able to loan four players per season from their parent club and is already sizing up potential candidates

Manchester City's youngsters will have the opportunity to play for New York City FC once the MLS franchise is up and running.

The American side will be allowed to loan four players from their parent club in England, providing New York with up-and-coming talent and giving the English-based players first-team opportunities.

Head coach Jason Kreis has already begun sizing up which players from City's academy he would like to take to New York for the 2015 season when they begin life in MLS.

The 41-year-old, who was appointed in January and is keen to start building for their first campaign as soon as possible, told the Premier League club's official website: "We will have the ability to take four players on loan from the club here.

"So I'm looking a lot at the younger players and the Under-18s and the Under-21s at the moment and also the players that are out on loan.

"We have a very big interest in bringing some City players over to join us in New York and I certainly think there’s the talent there.

"And the ambition is there as well, so we'll have to get with those guys over the next six months to a year and see whether or not that's something they would like as well."

Manchester City announced their intentions to launch a team in America in May 2013 and have since acquired Melbourne Heart in the Australian A-League for a similar venture.

I've just seen this on the video, hold on.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-GY5XqCt9g[/youtube]

Kreis' interview is on here. Him and Claudio Reyna (DoF at NYCFC) are spotted at the training ground next to Summerbee and others.

I like the idea personally, especially if as Soriano says they will play "The City Way". The MLS is around lower Championship level but we should have better training facilities out there than the Championship/League One teams that we could loan out to here. They also speak English and would continue the language development of some of our young kids unlike a loan to Portugal or Spain.

Meanwhile, NYCFC gets to fill some of its roster with extremely cheap players that are of the required standard to compete. If it works out well then City have a ready made player, if it doesn't then they can at least be in the shop window for the MLS.

Damocles said:
I've just seen this on the video, hold on.

Kreis' interview is on here. Him and Claudio Reyna (DoF at NYCFC) are spotted at the training ground next to Summerbee and others.

I like the idea personally, especially if as Soriano says they will play "The City Way". The MLS is around lower Championship level but we should have better training facilities out there than the Championship/League One teams that we could loan out to here. They also speak English and would continue the language development of some of our young kids unlike a loan to Portugal or Spain.

Meanwhile, NYCFC gets to fill some of its roster with extremely cheap players that are of the required standard to compete. If it works out well then City have a ready made player, if it doesn't then they can at least be in the shop window for the MLS.

Yea, playing the same way as City should make it easier for the youngsters to adapt, just like they're doing with the youth teams now. As well as speaking english and having better training facilities you'd also expect that NYC will look out for them more than if they were loaned to another club

Was just about to post this, looks good, just a pity we can only send 4.

Have zero interest in NYCFC but will defo give the games a watch if we've got our youngsters on loan. Good idea. No clue what the standard of football is like over there? Cant be worse than our lump it lower leagues anyway

Well, I guess when I move to California I will have to buy galaxy and Chivas tickets when they play NYCFC....Oh why did I have to move from NYC when things are getting so damn exciting.....

I think this is probably better than a loan to the Championship, or at least has different positive aspects to it. We'd have much more control of the style of play the players are involved with, their likelihood of playing regularly, the coaching they receive, the kinds of players they are learning from, all still in a much more competitive environment to EDS football.

Also given the discipline problems we've seen from a lot of our academy players, getting them away from their mates into a totally new environment in a different country, we might get more mature guys back, better for the experience.

Plus the season runs through the Summer, they'd still have time through the winter to train back in Manchester, maybe even make an impression at first team level if the opportunity arises.

pee dubya said:
Also given the discipline problems we've seen from a lot of our academy players, getting them away from their mates into a totally new environment in a different country, we might get more mature guys back, better for the experience.

Interesting point that mate. Not the best example but there was a lot of word saying that ravel morrison needed to get away from certain crowds in manchester which is partly why he's done so well down south. Obviously morrison is probably an extreme case and a lost cause but I imagine there will be similar situations where a move to different surroundings could help players mature quickly

The Fat el Hombre said:
pee dubya said:

Interesting point that mate. Not the best example but there was a lot of word saying that ravel morrison needed to get away from certain crowds in manchester which is partly why he's done so well down south. Obviously morrison is probably an extreme case and a lost cause but I imagine there will be similar situations where a move to different surroundings could help players mature quickly

Good point both of you, I've seen quite a few articles over the last year about the rising arrogance of academy youngsters all over England, treating staff and other players with no respect thinking they are the best thing. Perhaps a loan to the states might clean up one or two, get them away from the bad influences at home.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.