New York City FC will have pick of MCFC youngster

Why Always Ste said:
I've seen a few EDS players who I feel would work well in the MLS, such as the Thierry Ambrose lad, and Kreiss also mentioned he was looking at players who are already on loan, so I wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Rekik over there.
I can't imagine that. I also don't believe they'll have the pick of our youngsters. Obviously they'll be able to request them, but I don't see why we'd allow Rekik to go to the MLS after a successful season in the Netherlands. Surely that'd be a step down in his development? Obviously for certain players, it would be a good experience, but the players' development has to come first, and that would be on a case-by-case basis.

unlikelyfan19 said:
ColinLee said:
BigOscar said:
Pretty low, but if they do play "the city way", then it would still be a good experience to play against grown men in our system, even if the standard is nowhere near PL levels
Where would you put Melbourne Hearts A-League against the MLS? About the same? Maybe lower?
Probably one notch higher. The better MLS teams are probably mid to lower Championship level. But it's the top league in the states so they will be able to have amazing facilities, and feel whats its like to be a top dog in their particular sport in large towns.

edit to clarify, by "top dog" I mean, they will be the only football team in LARGE metros (1-9 million people) where there isn't usually other teams vying for relevancy, bar New York, which with it's population can easily support multiple teams.
I'm presuming you mean the MLS is one notch higher. yes?

ColinLee said:
unlikelyfan19 said:
ColinLee said:
Where would you put Melbourne Hearts A-League against the MLS? About the same? Maybe lower?
Probably one notch higher. The better MLS teams are probably mid to lower Championship level. But it's the top league in the states so they will be able to have amazing facilities, and feel whats its like to be a top dog in their particular sport in large towns.

edit to clarify, by "top dog" I mean, they will be the only football team in LARGE metros (1-9 million people) where there isn't usually other teams vying for relevancy, bar New York, which with it's population can easily support multiple teams.
I'm presuming you mean the MLS is one notch higher. yes?
Yes, apologies.

would rather see our youngsters a=out on loan to championship clubs,where the quality of football is miles better.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
would rather see our youngsters a=out on loan to championship clubs,where the quality of football is miles better.
Better? Yes, miles better? Not really. Better facilities? No. In 15 years the MLS has gone from horrible football played in football stadiums, to, setting up acadamies, amazing soccer specific stadiums that rival those around the world, not to mention a profitable business model. Is it on par with Europe, no, of course not, but the rate it has grown really is absurd. You are just looking at 7-10 more years and it will be on par with some of the 2nd tier leagues around the world.

edit* That's a bit hyperbolic, really what I was getting at is that they are building great state-of-the-art stadiums that are a good size for the American audience.

3 big marquee signings and the rest should be american where possible. I'd of thought the main aim would be to have the best american talent at the club, not much point filling it with south americans.

unlikelyfan19 said:
ColinLee said:
BigOscar said:
Pretty low, but if they do play "the city way", then it would still be a good experience to play against grown men in our system, even if the standard is nowhere near PL levels

I've watched both leagues, the A league since we acquired Melbourne and the MLS for 4 or 5 years , and would say that they are even on technical terms but I'd argue that the MLS is a far more competitive league.

Here's how I'd rate the leagues of our current satellites teams:

Skill/Technical: J-League > MLS ~= A League
Competitiveness: MLS > J-League > A League

and yes, I have watched watched the J-League, but mostly highlight shows.

I'm With Stupid said:
Why Always Ste said:
I've seen a few EDS players who I feel would work well in the MLS, such as the Thierry Ambrose lad, and Kreiss also mentioned he was looking at players who are already on loan, so I wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Rekik over there.
I can't imagine that. I also don't believe they'll have the pick of our youngsters. Obviously they'll be able to request them, but I don't see why we'd allow Rekik to go to the MLS after a successful season in the Netherlands. Surely that'd be a step down in his development? Obviously for certain players, it would be a good experience, but the players' development has to come first, and that would be on a case-by-case basis.
You obviously don't watch CityTV then, as both Jason Kreis and I think Patrick Viera both stated unequivocly that up to four academy players are available for the taking to NYCFC.

Why Always Ste said:

Sorry to make you Mr. Quoted Man of the thread, but I agree with everything except the players in question. I'd love to see a lot of our upper-class 18's head over, but Rekik is way too experienced for an MLS loan and Ambrose is way too precious. I feel like the latter needs to stay close, and well cared for, in a system or competition that lends itself toward seeing him in our first team in 2-3 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.