New York City FC

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by SlimShadyRus, 6 Jan 2016.

1. SlimShadyRus

SlimShadyRus

It's going to be twice as interesting to watch them with Vieira as a manager. He's obviously going to loan some players from EDS.

They've already signed a centreback (Ethan White) from Philadelphia for 2017 SuperDraft 4th Round pick.

Watson-Siriboe, Grabovoy, Velasquez. Akira Fitzerald, Pablo Alvarez, and, unfortunately, Jeb Brovsky, have been released. The loan of Calle has expired.

They deffo need a leftback.
    I couldn't find the length of Damarcus Beasley's contract with Dynamo Houston, but I'd like to see him at NYCFC. He's 33 but still quick and powerful (at least at MLS level) and he can accept a non-designated contract from NYC.

There'll be some drafts I think so there's gonna be opportunities to sign proper players.

Pirlo won't leave unfortunately so it's unlikely NYC will have a place for a DP. He was a great player and he is a great PR-thing but they have more than enough central midfielders in NYC.

I'd like to see the following XI: Saunders - Iraola, Maffeo, ?, Beasley - Mix, Poku, Lampard - Oduro/Barker, Villa, Shelton

Probably loan Celina there if he doesn't get any better options

2. sam-caddick

sam-caddick

I think Paddy will definitely take one or two over there from the EDS.

I think Maffeo's name has been mentioned but I reckon someone like Manu Garcia could get his first loan too.

3. SlimShadyRus

SlimShadyRus

It would be a bit strange considering the amount of central midfielders there.

4. sam-caddick

sam-caddick

I think as a number 10 behind Villa he could be perfect.

I don't think Paddy will consistently play Lampard and Pirlo together in midfield, both players haven't got the legs anymore and need help around them.

Pirlo thrived at Juve because he had Vidal, Pogba and Marchisio doing all his leg work.

Lampard for me now is a great impact sub.

5. karen7

karen7

When does the season start? I watched a few of their games last year and enjoyed it,be good to see how paddy gets on as well

6. Why Always Ste

Why Always Ste

Gym Rat
    Yea I've enjoyed watching NYCFC, keeps me grounded as they played so shit - was a pleasant reminder of how we played under Alan Ball.

Maybe Paddy V will turn things around and get them playing better.
    I'd like to think this NY project is sort of an answer to our lack of a "B" team infrastructure, as our EDS players are still playing against fellow kids and need that experience
    playing against Men.... Hopefully NYCFC will continue loaning Academy prospects and get them game time!

Never liked Jason Kreis tactics whilst at NYCFC, he often made daft decisions and it was evident he was pushed to play a certain style of football in which he hadn't been used to.

7. Dunne's own goal

Dunne's own goal

I often try to be interested in them but...in reality I'm just pretending.

Obviously I'm hoping Vieira learns something there and we loan out a couple of lads who develop into cracking players but I'm not holding my breath

8. SlimShadyRus

SlimShadyRus

Think it's better to have DP who you need in your team and who'd you expect to start.

Don't forget about Mix and Mcnamara.

9. Machiavelli

Machiavelli

Gilluminati Slayer
    Where do you access the NYCFC matches bud? I'll probably take a little more interest with PV in charge.

10. domalino

domalino

I wouldn't want to see any EDS players go over there until Guardiola has looked them over. You never know who he might take a liking to and bring into the first team, and that goes doubly for the better players like Maffeo - who also happens to be in a position we need to reinforce with 2 31+ players there currently.