New York City FC

BTW, he spent 9 years in scum academy and enjoyed it, although being a liverpool fan. In his interviews he claims that it's very hard to make it to professional football in England and that it's unable to get a good education and play/train every day. From the football side though he seems to add what NYC lacked in their first seasons as their wings were awful and cut in their abilities.

All in all, I don't think Viera would pick a wrong guy. Although Reyna admited in an interview to official MLS site before the draft, that he would likely to be the one who runs the interests of NYCFC at the Superdraft since all that stuff is new to Vieira. And judging by the fact they wanted to sign him as a HGP back in october (If I remmeber the month correctly, it could be november), it was not Patrick's initiative, at least at first. Besides that, they hold interviews with the players at the superdraft camp (MLS Combine) and they usually want the players they pick to have some proper mental skills in MLS.

Last edited:
BTW, he spent 9 years in scum academy and enjoyed it, although being a liverpool fan. In his interviews he claims that it's very hard to make it to professional football in England and that it's unable to get a good education and play/train every day. From the football side though he seems to add what NYC lacked in their first seasons as their wings were awful and cut in their abilities.

All in all, I don't think Viera would pick a wrong guy. Although Reyna admited in an interview to official MLS site before the draft, that he would likely to be the one who runs the interests of NYCFC at the Superdraft since all that stuff is new to Vieira. And judging by the fact they wanted to sign him as a HGP back in october (If I remmeber the month correctly, it could be november), it was not Patrick's initiative, at least at first. Besides that, they hold interviews with the players at the superdraft camp (MLS Combine) and they usually want the players they pick to have some proper mental skills in MLS.
I talked to a college coach today and he was telling the me that the amount of English kids coming over to play is increasing steadily. While the quality of college coaching and player competition isn't at the Academy Level, you can assume that it will eventually make an impact in the MLS. My hometown club just drafted a kid from Banbury today.

Last edited:
I talked to a college coach today and he was telling the me that the amount of English kids coming over to play is increasing steadily. While the quality of college coaching and player competition isn't at the Academy Level, you can assume that it will eventually make an impact in the MLS. My hometown club just drafted a kid from Banbury today.

I read an article a while back in the BBC website about the number of kids from the UK coming to America to play football.

Kids that have skill and are in clubs' academies but see they are probably not going to be able to make a living at the highest levels of football in football are going to America and playing on scholarship for American university teams, hoping to parlay that into a shot with MLS or maybe another chance in England, Scotland, etc. At the very least they are getting a free education and playing football.

Apparently, there are a few companies now that will promote these kids, for fee, to American university coaches.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34097904

NYCFC have signed left-back Ronald Matarrita (21) for a fee from a costa-rican club (it's on their OS but yet to be posted on NYCFC's site. Probably due to visa). He has 2 caps for Costa-Rican NT and played against a couple of MLS clubs in CONCACAF Champions League. Spanish-writing media report that Viera was personally interested in the player.

NYCFC playing pre-season games at Academy Stadium???
It seems like they don't http://www.nycfc.com/post/2016/01/13/new-york-city-fc-announces-2016-preseason-schedule.

TBH I don't like that they head away from [Manchester] City.

BTW, Reyna said that there won't be an EDS player in the team until the end of pre-season... WOuld be a good idea for our u21s to head to USA and play a friendly vs NYCFC as they would have 2 weeks gap between their last friendly and the start of MLS (unless that friendly tournament has knock-out stage)

I'm sure between MCFC, NYCFC, MCFC (Australia) and other teams - in women's, men's and youth/EDS, we'll see link after link and assistance along the way.

NYCFC kick off their first game of the season away against Chicago Fire on MLS in half an hour (though remember that MLS games usually kick off about 15 minutes late).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.