Newcastle 1-1 City post match thread

It isn't the changes that worry me but the fact he can not motivate the players or react when things are obviously not working.

This. Tonight was a fucking disgrace and to say he's happy is bloody infuriating.

Apparently Navas is bemused that he can't beat the first man with his crosses. Said when he practises against Kolarov he has a 100% success rate.
De Bruyne got one opportunity to cross & did it no problem straight to Aguero, who should have got a penalty

I'm not going to complain about team selection because I thought in depth about it the pre-match and had almost (maybe exactly) the same X!.

What I don't understand is why Yaya plays behind and even with Delph.

Delph isn't the type of player who id going to create a lot of chances going forward, but he is the type to win the ball and play neat tidy passes. He should have played in the Fernandinho role, with Yaya playing basically as a 10. Fernando shielding the back line. Instead, Yaya was sitting back, not playing "yaya defense" and Delph was playing as a left attacking middy.

The takeaways of the match for me are

-Another sloppy, lethargic, unmotivated performance where we dropped points.
-Vinny was sloppy, looked very rusty. It's just bad luck that right when Otamendi and Mangala finally click (back to back clean sheets against PSG and Chelsea), Vinny comes back, gets back in the XI (rightfully so), but is very rusty. We'll see if Vinny can shake it off against Stoke, if not I'd go with Mangala and Otamendi. What a fucking comedy of errors our CB position has been this year.
-We were probaly tired. Yaya looks like he's ready to retire. I think he could valuable as a sub. And, I know there's talks of him going to Milan to reunite with Mancini, but the dude looks old. He should play a year or two in the MLS, then hang up the boots.
-Newcastle looked inspired coming off their big win at the weekend and with their new manager. They'll still probably go down.
-Fernandinho is possibly our most important player when it comes to shape, possession, snubbing out the counter, and the midfield battle. We missed him today.
-Aguero is having a strange season when it comes to headers, he can't seem to stop scoring with his head, but anywhere outside of the opponents box he doesn't seem to ever even go up to try and win an aerial battle (off a goal kick for example). He always does that spin move thing, which doesn't seem to work.
-Perhaps too much change in the XI, but it's tough with the fixture schedule. I don't blame Pelligrini for who he selected, all things considered.
-Good to see Sterling back.
-Where the fck is Nasri? I would have had him in the XI and rested Navas.

I remember when we used to rally towards the end of games when we needed a goal. We used to get one alot of the time too.

So why even say it? He could have just said it was a tough game - he didn't need to say how happy he was - he's a moron

I think he meant it was a fair result. His other comments indicate that there were things he wasn't pleased with, like the lack of energy but obviously thought a day less to recover was a factor.

Hart was shite with the ball as well.
Not really. Passed it out when Defenders showed, and cleared it deep for 50/50s. Mangala was just poor and like most defenders whobdont like the ball, shied away from opening up for passes.

Hart was good, Zab was OK. KeV was average. Everyone else, meh!

Wherever we finish the fact we are soon to be rid of this clown is a comfort. Why the fuck did he fuck about with the team after that result on Saturday.

If you are going to fuck about with the team, how about putting out one that takes into account the strengths, weaknesses & fitness of the players you are fucking about with & trying the best to get a result ?

He's Harry Redknapp with Bale. Except he has several Bales & Harry had just one. If they function he has a chance, if they don't he's completely fucked & has no tactical, motivational or management skills whatsoever to fall back on.

If the tdansfer window was open most of the season like it used to be, he'd have a chance every year as he could buy some more fresh players to do his job for him.

Fucking useless manager & so lucky to have such a job.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.