Newcastle away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we'll dust QPR. Ya I said it.

Newcastle away will be a very very difficult match.

I am worried for this one, maybe there will be a bit of a let down after such a meaningful match, or maybe we just get beat by an impressive Newcastle in their own stadium.

Very difficult. I hope Mancini gets his tactics right and his selection right or we could bet pipped and blow the title.

Heck we are ahead on goal diff. It's too close.

Re: Newcastle Vs City Pre match Discussion Thread

Nervous. If we fuck this up. And that shite rag team that didn't even manage a shot all game against us somehow wins the title. I won't get over it all summer.

We have to finish this off! Let's hope Chelsea will drain all the energy from that Newcastle team tomorrow.

And now for another week of nerves! this game is huge, its back in our hands now.

Do we stick with the same side? i think we need too, no room for Mario.

Newcastle Vs City Pre match Discussion Thread

i might be alone in hoping newcastle have something to play for - the more open they have to be, the more it will suit us

plus they will have their own pressure to contend with

City Raider said:
i might be alone in hoping newcastle have something to play for - the more open they have to be, the more it will suit us

plus they will have their own pressure to contend with

Even if they didnt i dont think would sit back and soak up any pressure, they are at their best when attacking.

Just thinking about the spaces inbetween them from doing that is giving me a semi

Hello, Toon Fan here,

I was actually at the 1968 game, as a small lad, fantastic atmosphere, one major factor in getting me hooked on football for life.

Jump forward 44 years and here we go again. Really looking forward to the game, but with mixed emotions. Obviously want us to win, but also want City to win the league. I will be there with my two lads, who are still just beginning to appreciate what supporting your team is all about. Europe will be a big adventure for them next season.

Whatever the outcome in our next three games, we know that we are at least in the Europa League next season. The Champions League is a possibility yes, but I think that's too much too soon for us. I think we might get seriously embarrassed if we managed to "sneak" in to the CL. The Europa League might be enough for us given where we were two years ago. I think a bit of that might already be in our players heads.

So I think you will want it more than us on Sunday, and I think you will get the three points.

Watched the game last night, you deserved the win. I bet you are seriously enjoying today.

Enjoy the game on Sunday.

the biggest game for 40 years

I hope we play the formation we switched to against United in the 2nd half, i.e. De Jong instead of Tevez.

We were actually more dangerous like that and played better football with Yaya pushed higher up the pitch. And its defensively safer too, which is probably wise as Cisse is awesome and Ba although quieter lately can hurt you at any time as well.

So please, 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 for me. We can bring Tevez on later if we are chasing after a goal with maybe 25 mins to go.

Newcastle Vs City Pre match Discussion Thread

PierreL said:
Hello, Toon Fan here,

I was actually at the 1968 game, as a small lad, fantastic atmosphere, one major factor in getting me hooked on football for life.

Jump forward 44 years and here we go again. Really looking forward to the game, but with mixed emotions. Obviously want us to win, but also want City to win the league. I will be there with my two lads, who are still just beginning to appreciate what supporting your team is all about. Europe will be a big adventure for them next season.

Whatever the outcome in our next three games, we know that we are at least in the Europa League next season. The Champions League is a possibility yes, but I think that's too much too soon for us. I think we might get seriously embarrassed if we managed to "sneak" in to the CL. The Europa League might be enough for us given where we were two years ago. I think a bit of that might already be in our players heads.

So I think you will want it more than us on Sunday, and I think you will get the three points.

Watched the game last night, you deserved the win. I bet you are seriously enjoying today.

Enjoy the game on Sunday.

ta mate

i've never spent less time enjoying a derby victory! thoughts turned to sunday within a couple of hours!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.