Newcastle fans today

I was disappointed with the majority of them on Saturday and their 'small time' antics, and have seen some scary stuff up there back in the day. However, over the last few years the hospitality has been great. Two notable games spring to mind. The New Years Day game (I think we got beat 0-2, with Andy Cole scoring both??) - we got in a pub down on the quayside early doors and the lads in there wouldn't let us buy our own drinks, just kept coming back with more. After the 2-0 win that as good as won us the title, we stayed in the centre for 4 hours or so after the game and virtually to a man, everyone we spoke to were happy for us.

Why do people get so worked up about opposition fans not showing us due deference? It's football, not fucking rugby union ffs. Some of you need to give your fannies a wipe.

They sing "WWYWYWS" because that's what opposition fans do. Look for the weakest spot and punch it repeatedly. It's nothing personal, it's just being a football supporter.

Most of them are probably too young to remember our brief sojourn into the third tier of English football and even if they do, they're hardly going to sing songs about it.

Some of you are far too precious.
What you aren't taking into account is our own fans, who all behave like Little Lord Fauntleroy. I'm sure the home supporting chaps were saying "top hole and well played Mr Mitrovic" after the muscled boys from the North East had taken the lead on Saturday. Helpfully explaining to that nice Mr McClaren where he had gone wrong in the second half. Also, there was no lauding it over the rival fans when goals 3,4,5 and 6 went in; an object lesson in restraint shown by all City fans.
Likewise, I can imagine the Cockerneys getting applauded of the greensward last week following our gubbing. "My my you talented Tots, you've given us a lesson in the game of association there. Well done." As for the myopic linesman, "unlucky my good man, an honest mistake that anyone could have made. Chin up and you'll probably do better next time."
You see GDM. All we ask is that the away fans at the Etihad treat us like we treat them!

Not be seeing them for a while at the Etihad unless we draw them in cup,they'll be down by Feb at this rate am afraid to say,unless they have a big change very soon

Most of the gobshites got kicked out or fucked off early. The ones left at the end were a decent bunch

I live near Carlisle and they do attract support from this area and most of those I come across are OK. The general opinion is that Ashley isnt running the Club well at all and I think that a lot of us would agree with that. There is a huge difference between their owner and ours. Trouble is that they seem to think that a change of owner would get them back to the top of the league, which we all know isn't necessarily the case.

All clubs have their share of nobhead fans, in fact some City 'fans' that I see at our away games are an embarrassment. I remember beating the Geordies at St James' on our way to winning the title in 2012, which of course knocked them out of a CL placing. Walking away from the ground lots of them said 'Well done' and 'we hope you win it now' etc etc.
Same in the Centurion bar in the City Centre afterwards - no trouble at all with Blues & Barcodes mixing & drinking together.

Generally I've found both the Geordies and the Mackems to be a decent lot and I think that the PL is better off with them than it would be without them.

I agree in that the league is much better with both Geordies/Mackems in it, sad to see them go down... But I'd much rather have a few of the Yorkshire teams in their place.
Wednesday/Sheff. United/Leeds.... Much easier getting to their grounds, plus I ain't been to Hillsborough/Elland Rd. for years now.

Was working with a Geordie today and he's still convinced that if HRH walks away were up shit street, tried telling him about our nearly £400m turnover amongst other things, but he was having none of it, he then went on to tell me that every City fan he's spoke to and even a City SC holder told him City would be fucked and apparently just me and a City fan taxi driver are the only blues that have said we will be fine without HRH, I told him that any City fan who said that to him was either a rag in disguise or was thick as fuck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.