Newcastle (Home) - Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me this feels like part 2 of the season starts from here, the countdown to lifting that big silver trophy. I 100% trust this team, their desire and will to win for the fans, pep and themselves. I imagine they didscussed last Sunday and what happened then quickly moved on to focus on the run in from here on in and it wouldn't surprise me if another bonkers winning run ensued. Confident of a statement performance and big big win with panache and style led by the wonder that is David Silva. 5-0.

Completely agree. Feel refreshed. Lost at Anfield as we all kind of expected. No unbeaten season pressure, still top by 12pts and still in all other competitions. Beat Newcastle, beat Bristol City and we are still 12pts clear (at least) and into a final.

I think the players will feel a sigh of relief too. Christmas schedule was long and tough and they have had a decent break to mentally and physically recover. We showed fight at Anfield and Kompany and Silva back is huge. A week closer to Jesus being back too.

Completely agree. Feel refreshed. Lost at Anfield as we all kind of expected. No unbeaten season pressure, still top by 12pts and still in all other competitions. Beat Newcastle, beat Bristol City and we are still 12pts clear (at least) and into a final.

I think the players will feel a sigh of relief too. Christmas schedule was long and tough and they have had a decent break to mentally and physically recover. We showed fight at Anfield and Kompany and Silva back is huge. A week closer to Jesus being back too.
Its all coming together nicely. Def agree that the 'can we be the first team to beat man city' incentive, being thrown in the trash will help us. Smooth ride now to glory.

Great to see Merlin in training, hopefully will play on Saturday. We missed him at Anfield.

Stones needs games to ensure he gets back to his early season form.

Newcastle will park the bus but the lads will be fired up for this one.

Great to see Merlin in training, hopefully will play on Saturday. We missed him at Anfield.
Had we not gone from 1-1 to 4-1 so quickly he'd have been on at anfield, I think that he didn't come on is a positive, the whole squad will be desperate to get back in the groove, and the training pictures show the spirit in the squad.

Can't wait for Saturday to start a new, long, and unbeaten run.

Very confident now, last weekend forgotten, lots of positive news about contract extensions, a few days rest, better news about Jesus and Delph's injuries (apparently), I think the squad will be in a really good place mentally and physically for this game and if they needed any further incentive then the desperate hope of pundits and journos all across the land that Utd could yet catch us will spur the lads on to a result which will silence the doubters

Im actually quite nervous about this game.
I think if we just scrape a 1-0 people might get a bit edgy. They won't make it easy either.

3 goals minimum and a strong performance will get us going again.
Come on City!

Ederson

Walker Stones Otamendi Danilo

Fernandinho

Sterling KDB D.Silva Sane

Aguero.

I want a strong performance from the defence. No silly mistakes.
Sterling and Sane causing havoc.
KDB and Dave controlling the game.
Aguero back in the goals.

Very confident now, last weekend forgotten, lots of positive news about contract extensions, a few days rest, better news about Jesus and Delph's injuries (apparently), I think the squad will be in a really good place mentally and physically for this game and if they needed any further incentive then the desperate hope of pundits and journos all across the land that Utd could yet catch us will spur the lads on to a result which will silence the doubters

Spurs OR Liverpool have got more chance of catching us than Manure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.