Newcastle, May 1968, let's have your memories.

Was seeing a girl from up there at the time. So 4 of us went up and stayed over. On the piss in Newcastle from opening. Star Brewery was across the road from the ground and they had a bar which we managed to get in. We in Leazes end, more than held our own. Down the front at the end and on the pitch. We to a club in South Shields that night. Real bad heads the next day. Couldn’t keep a pint down and seemed to take forever to get home.

Went with my Late Dad I was 9. Four of his mates crammed in a Ford Popular! Scraped all my leg dragging off a concrete barrier when city fans moved into Leizers End proper Rammed, Dads mate got a golf ball on his bonce!. Some Geordie Tried grabbing my Scarf on the pitch just remember My Dad giving him a Right Hook . All singing "Congratulations " and Champions!" Lifetime MEMORIES.

Went with my dad on a Finglands coach for 19sh and 11d - sat on a barrier in an open air end of the ground near a floodlight.
Still remember Joe Mercer coming out after the game and making a speech. My dad dug up a piece of turf when we invaded the pitch and we took it home and planted it in the front garden of our house in Kingswood Rd Fallowfield. Remember coming through Leeds on the way home - I think they had been hammered by Burnley but not sure I can remember as I was only 8. One of the great days of my young life.
Great Memories Pal sounds like my Experience.

Was it really 50 years ago. Still at school now a pensioner. What a day. Bus from Stockport. Don't remember bus company. I know me and my mate could not get a programme and we ended up in the Newcastle end. Beer bottles flying as some one has already posted. Trip home is a blurr but memories are forever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.