Newcastle Vs City League Cup Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all fellow city fans, after many years of following the blues ive decided to sign up on here. Decided after being at the bridge today i should make the effort and get posting on here :) - never managed to get up to the Etihad as i live down in Kent. Been to a few away games though at Arsenal and Chelsea. Anyway back to topic- we really need to bounce back after today's disappointment. Team for me should be -

--------------------Panti-------------------
Richards--Demichelis---Lescott--Kolarov
---------Fernandinho---Rodwell-------
Navas---------Jovetic--------Nasri
-------------------Dzeko--------------

Need to put out a strong side. We might need this competition to fall back on. Saying that might be a good opportunity to give Yaya a well earned rest.

--------------------Pants-------------------
Richards-------Demichelis----Lescott--------Clichy
----------------Milner------Rodwell--------
------Navas---------Nasri-----------Jovetic-----
---------------------Dzeko----------------------

Lopes,Boyata,Negredo,Garcia,Leigh,Denayer

citymad said:
Need to put out a strong side. We might need this competition to fall back on. Saying that might be a good opportunity to give Yaya a well earned rest.

This competition doesn't matter. If we win it and fail everywhere else nobody is going to be all that happy we won the League Cup.

Pellegrini needs to completely change the side. Been a very busy month or so, get everyone a rest. I think you play Dzeko, Jovetic, Rodwell, Demichelis, Lopes, etc. Basically no yaya or Fernandinho, maybe play Milner centrally where everyone is begging for him to play. Might be good to have Navas play, he's been a bit out of the side. This is how you get some sharpness for these players.

edit: I'd pretty much do exactly what FantasyIreland posted above. Unless I wanted to start integrating 4-3-3, maybe i'd experiment with formation.

--------------------Panti-------------------
Richards--Demichelis---Lescott--Clichy
----------------Milner---Rodwell-------
Navas-------------Jovetic--------Lopes
---------------------Dzeko--------------

Fernandinho and Yaya rested completely since they had a huge workload and will continue to have a huge workload in the coming months. Would go with this, Clichy to play this so Kolarov can play in our next league game, Jovetic definitely deserves a start and after his last performance in this competition, so does Lopes I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.