Newcastle Vs City League Cup Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys, new member here. Hope we win against Newcastle. we could do with a win right about now. Also, we have backed Joe for too long. We need a solid keeper such as Courtois or a top class keeper. What's the issue with Jovetic? To all blues fans around the world, have a nice week. peace

Anyone had any issues getting your tickets in the post for this game? I ordered mine last Saturday and it still hadn't appeared over the weekend so phoned supporter services this morning and the girl said they had "lost the ticket" and that I now have to pick up a reprinted one from the ticket office at St James'. She said I'd be getting an email "mid week" with instructions on where to pick it up and what I need to take with me. I then told her the game was on Wednesday night, she panicked and said I would be getting the email in the next day or two.

Bit worrying. Anyone else had the same issue?!

kenzie115 said:
teddykgb said:
This competition doesn't matter. If we win it and fail everywhere else nobody is going to be all that happy we won the League Cup.

For the thousands of blues, myself included, who have taken time off work to travel up to Newcastle on a cold, wet Wednesday to support the team, I sincerely hope the players and management team don't share your opinion that this competition doesn't matter. Even if you consider the league cup worthless, winning can become a habit and it's one we could do with developing. I can only speak for myself but I'd be delighted with another trip to Wembley and the chance to see City lift a trophy we haven't won in my lifetime.

Maybe you all aren't intending to play the "i'm a better fan than you" card, but my point in saying this doesn't matter is that this competition lacks priority. Of course I want the squad to perform and of course I want them to win. I'm just not willing to trot Yaya and Fernandinho out there for their fourth match in 12 days in order to try to ensure we get there. Quite frankly, this is why you spend all the money we've spent on the depth we've accumulated. We can realistically change nearly the entire side and field an XI that should be able to beat Newcastle. Maybe I was over the top in saying this doesn't matter, but it doesn't matter enough to me for me to want to risk important players in a match I feel we should be able to win with a weakened side and accomplish some ancillary goals such as rotating in some players who haven't played much

teddykgb said:
kenzie115 said:
teddykgb said:
This competition doesn't matter. If we win it and fail everywhere else nobody is going to be all that happy we won the League Cup.

For the thousands of blues, myself included, who have taken time off work to travel up to Newcastle on a cold, wet Wednesday to support the team, I sincerely hope the players and management team don't share your opinion that this competition doesn't matter. Even if you consider the league cup worthless, winning can become a habit and it's one we could do with developing. I can only speak for myself but I'd be delighted with another trip to Wembley and the chance to see City lift a trophy we haven't won in my lifetime.

Maybe you all aren't intending to play the "i'm a better fan than you" card, but my point in saying this doesn't matter is that this competition lacks priority. Of course I want the squad to perform and of course I want them to win. I'm just not willing to trot Yaya and Fernandinho out there for their fourth match in 12 days in order to try to ensure we get there. Quite frankly, this is why you spend all the money we've spent on the depth we've accumulated. We can realistically change nearly the entire side and field an XI that should be able to beat Newcastle. Maybe I was over the top in saying this doesn't matter, but it doesn't matter enough to me for me to want to risk important players in a match I feel we should be able to win with a weakened side and accomplish some ancillary goals such as rotating in some players who haven't played much

this game absolutely matters, the media I'm sure are ready to pounce on us at the next mistake so we can't let them do that. Plus Newcastle will probably field a 2nd string too so it would be doubly embarrassing. And anyway we need the extra games to allow us to keep some of the fringe players involved

FredTilson said:
ZRijuMz.png

No point playing Toure and Fernandinho. They'd be tired. Need them both for Norwich home and CSKA home on 2nd and 6th.

Newcastle are playing really poorly on the league so won't care a lot about this game.

I was surprised that they played against Wigan. Could it be that the physios have decided that Yaya's physique is better suited to playing and rest rather than the grind of daily training? That 45 mins against Wigan, with probably only light training the day before and after, was surely less tiring than a normal week's training?

teddykgb said:
kenzie115 said:
teddykgb said:

I didn't say we should play a first XI, I'd be more than comfortable with changing 11 players from Sunday because as you say, our second XI should have enough to beat Newcastle, who won't be at full strength. I just took issue with the 'this competition doesn't matter' statement. Of course I'd rather win the Premier League than the League cup, but it doesn't have to be one or the other.

Should be a great night, im going to the game so hope we put out a decent side and treat it like a PL game, this cup does matter, at the end of the day, silverware is silverware as far as in concerned and another day at wembley would be great. Surely hart dropped this game, pantillimon in, jovetic and dzeko up front, would be good to see them play a full 90 together see how it works

cibaman said:
I was surprised that they played against Wigan. Could it be that the physios have decided that Yaya's physique is better suited to playing and rest rather than the grind of daily training? That 45 mins against Wigan, with probably only light training the day before and after, was surely less tiring than a normal week's training?
I think that was because Rodwell was injured then. if he had been fit, I am sure he would have been played. He played both Yaya and Dinho for only a half each so as to not tire out either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.