Newcastle vs City pre match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCFC1993

The games can't come fast enough after playing like that, at least we don't have to wait long. Nasri ruled out with a tight muscle, Clichy ruled out with a pulled back muscle. Sterling and Kompany may be available for selection. Not sure on Silva's situation, I assume they are still taking precaution with his ankle.

Newcastle will be on a bit of a high with a 3-0 win but so should we after possibly our best league and Champions League performances of the season. Need to win, got to keep pressure on Arsenal who should win tomorrow and Spurs who aren't a million miles away.

Team prediction:
Hart
Zaba
Otamendi (or Kompany if fit)
Mangala
Kolarov
Fernando
Delph (Think he'll rest Fernandinho)
Toure
Navas
De Bruyne
Aguero

Take De Bruyne and Aguero off if we get into a position where the match is won. Need to win this and keep confidence up ahead of the Champions League.

Last edited:
We should play 3 of our 4 central midfielders because our injuries are in other positions. But we want to keep De Bruyne in the centre not shunted on the wing. I'd rest Fernandinho, so I would play Delph from the left, similar to how we've played Fernandinho from the right in the past. This allows us to play the 3 central midfielders whilst also keeping De Bruyne in his best position. I'd also consider resting Aguero, he's played so many games lately.

....................Hart.....................

Sagna...Otamendi....Mangala...Kolarov

..........Yaya......Fernando.....Delph
Navas.......................................
...................De Bruyne...............

...............Aguero/Kelechi..............

Last edited:
We should play 3 of our 4 central midfielders because our injuries are in other positions. But we want to keep De Bruyne in the centre not shunted on the wing. I'd rest Fernandinho, so I would play Delph from the left, similar to how we've played Fernandinho from the right in the past. This allows us the play the 3 central midfielders whilst also keeping De Bruyne in his best position. I'd also consider resting Aguero, he's played so many games lately.

....................Hart.....................

Sagna...Otamendi....Mangala...Kolarov

..........Yaya......Fernando.....Delph
Navas.......................................
...................De Bruyne...............

...............Aguero/Kelechi..............

Yeah you've lined them up exactly how I would aswell but i'd play Aguero, try and get a couple of goals up and then bring him off.

Playing the way we are I'm really looking forward to it. Hopefully some early goals then rest KDB and Aguero. I think it'll be tough though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.